• OTHER... there's always an other haha

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
Me & my husband are disagreeing.... he has it in his mind that people HATE Lorann flavors, he said he read it all over.... totally opposite of the impression I got.. so PLEASE vote and let us know.

I totally do not know how to start a poll, I see the option at the bottom to start one but I don't see where to type..

so anyways please let me know! sorry to post all over the forum, but I just have to know!!! He doesn't want me to buy any lol

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
The general rule of thumb is simple... when using any flavors DIY style make sure they are water soluble... DO NOT USE OIL BASED FLAVORINGS... sugars are another thing to avoid as they may be Atomizer Cloggers... and last but not least although not proven but is subject to debate colorings in some cases may be harmful to atomizers... but I love my Coffee & Keoke coffee flavors and they are very very dark in color and thus far have not been an issue to my atomizers... keep in mind I am an avid 510 user and will forever be... but thems my 2 cents..

Last edited:

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
Well maybe he read about an oil based one that somebody had bad experience with or something.. I gotta give him benefit of the doubt :) He didn't have time before work to go looking for what he read before, I believe he read something but he didn't believe me that people DO like Loranns !!

Oh, and thanks everybody for telling me about the oil thing, I still haven't read anything about that and I would be ordering probably ones with oil in them later.. so my atty thanks you :)

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Even though Lorann's refers to their flavorings as "Candy Oils" it's a misnomer. Most of them do not contain any oil at all. Stay away from the ones that actually have the word 'oil' in the flavor name. Also, you can check the ingredients of any particular flavor by clicking on the Item Details. I don't think any of them contain sugar, however Caramel coloring uses sugar as a base. Ironically, the Caramel flavoring doesn't use Caramel coloring.

When looking at the Item Details, check for soluability. If it's not soluble in water, it probably has oil in it.

fiddler

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
New York City
I have seen people badmouth some of the stronger LorAnn flavors because they can be overpowering. An example is Bavarian Creme. It is great as a blended in very small proportions.

There are other flavors that are very weak and must be used in much higher proportions.

One of my favorite juices of all is one I make using LorAnn Cheesecake. It is a wonderful vanilla-ish flavor. The flavoring is controllable enough to make an intense "desert" vape, or a milder one good for all day.

LorAnn offers very small (1 dram) bottles that are very inexpensive, and there are lists here of the "safe" flavors. You can order a dozen or so and experiment away, with out crying over the ones you discard.

Whatever else it is, it's great fun! Order a bunch and dive in...

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Lorann is good IMO---but after you vape it for 8 months or so---it just wears on you and I found myself going back to a more qusi--tobacco taste--the sweet can really grow old after you vape for many months. I have not used any Lorann now for the last 2 months at all and I truley do not miss them. I did really enjoy them though for the first 6 months-------------Sun

jtwh20

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Cary, NC
please forgive my dumbness on the subject of mixing, but I saw that it has PG in it... sooooooo does this mean I just add drops to unflavored e juice? the vids I saw online were much more steps.. I'm just confused.. there's obviously many ways to mix.

Yep- Most people cut down unflavored liquid with Glycerin while adding flavor...

if you had 36mg unflavored and wanted 18mg grape, you would mix about

50% unflavored
45% Glycerin
5% Grape flavoring

Please try in small batches to make sure it suites your taste...

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
Yep- Most people cut down unflavored liquid with Glycerin while adding flavor...

if you had 36mg unflavored and wanted 18mg grape, you would mix about

50% unflavored
45% Glycerin
5% Grape flavoring

Please try in small batches to make sure it suites your taste...

perfect! so easy, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread