plume veil 1.5 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
just received my gold plated plume veil 1.5 clone from acerigusa. waited over a month to receive because of MULTIPLE delays...was it worth it??? MOST DEFINITELY. So glad they fixed the post/screw issue. the screws were tough to gt in at first (i assume because of the gold plating) but after getting them in all the way one time, they go in nice and easy. "smooth as butter" if you will. the contact is now silver so ill get a harder hit and a better battery life. what i like most about the 1.5 compared to the v1 is the deeper juice well. its sort of strange they way it was machined but it is most certainly deeper and allows for more juice/cotton. i can put like twice as many drops in now. also the airflow (which i though might be unnecessary) is very nice. theres almost twice as much airflow from the middle airflow and the top has double the air holes. apart from waiting like 6 weeks for the preorder, this has got to be the best clone ive used, as expected. the v1 is the best RDA ive used and the 1.5 just took it to another level. the juice well kills it! i just got the hobo and have been experimenting with the stillare v3 and those have been almost neck and neck with the v1 but the 1.5 BLOWS THOSE OUT OF THE WATER. i recommend 24 gauge dual coil at 1.4ohms at 50 watts regulated...sweet jesus. just thought id let ECF know. ive seen a lot of talk about the v1 and but havent seen anything about anyone getting the 1.5

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
pix or lies
proof!
image (6).jpg
image (7).jpg

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Those are some massive coils. With that much power, airflow and surface area, that has to be cloud-competition worthy.

I've been considering a plume veil, but I'm worried that it won't compare to my Magma and sit on the shelf along with the Tobh.

Kind of off the topic, but what's the max amp output on the IPV2? It's possible you're not actually pushing as many watts as you may think - just because you can set it that high doesn't always mean it'll deliver it.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
Those are some massive coils. With that much power, airflow and surface area, that has to be cloud-competition worthy.

I've been considering a plume veil, but I'm worried that it won't compare to my Magma and sit on the shelf along with the Tobh.

Kind of off the topic, but what's the max amp output on the IPV2? It's possible you're not actually pushing as many watts as you may think - just because you can set it that high doesn't always mean it'll deliver it.

I believe max amps are 16.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
That's 13-15 amp draw from the battery depending on your 18650's charge, to step up to 8.4v. According to the numbers, you should be getting the full 50 watts at the coil.

Don't think I could do that on the IPV2. Just the thought of playing around with those screws on the back plate for the frequent battery swaps would irritate the crap out of me. Seriously, P4Y... Magnets.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States

50 watts on 1.4 ohms on an ipv2 is 50 watts

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Was it worth the wait!?!?!?

THAT DECK, OH THAT DECK.

datdeck.jpg

I own two FT clone veils and I have been loving how they've performed, the Acerig v1.5 is a true step up though, excellent. Logoless, no machining burrs, like 12 extra screws(all plated) and THE DECK, OH THE DECK... I need another one.

Last edited:

davewuvswaffles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Philadelphia
I haven't bought a new atty in so long I can't remember since my RM2 has worked so well for me, but I saw the Plume Veil clone by SXK for $20 and figured why not.

I only put a single coil 8 or 9 wrap of 26g NiChrome and holy crap, two puffs has me floating. Time to cut my nic content down, this thing is nuts.

btc76vapo

Aug 3, 2014
United States
I have the 1.2 PV and love it. Then I got the 1.5 Clone by Acerig from https://www.vapingwalrus.com/. I must concur, as much as I love the 1.2, the 1.5 absolutely destroys it. HOWEVER, big thumbs down to Acerig for the gold plating. The threading for the screws is a bit shoddy (from the gold plating) and the gold plating flaked off the airholes leading to the negative posts upon my 1st build on it. DESPITE this nasty plating AND the fact that I had to bore the holes on the body cap to line up with the neg post airholes, this is still absolutely worth every penny of the $24 paid for it. That said, if EHPro or Tobeco or preferably Infinite get off of their butts and put out a clone of this, I will be picking it up.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Can anyone that owns one tell me about the neg post air holes? I had heard that the authentic (when it comes out) was going to have angled neg post air holes. I was hoping that they would angle them upwards some and get them off the deck.

Here's how my authentic V1 works with the neg post air holes...

pvnegair.jpg

The air comes in through the side, goes through the neg post air holes and then deflects off of the posi t-post.

btc76vapo

Aug 3, 2014
United States
I don't know about the authentic. The neg post airholes on the 1.5 Acerig are identical to the 1.2 with one MAJOR difference. each side of the deck has two curved juice wells that actually sit BELOW where the neg post airholes come in. As a result, I have had NO leaks from those holes like I did on the 1.2. And I intentionally dripped on the 1.2 until I saw liquid in those holes, then did a quick pull on the drip tip without firing to pull the juice in before vaping.

FatherTime

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2014
United States
I don't know about the authentic. The neg post airholes on the 1.5 Acerig are identical to the 1.2 with one MAJOR difference. each side of the deck has two curved juice wells that actually sit BELOW where the neg post airholes come in. As a result, I have had NO leaks from those holes like I did on the 1.2. And I intentionally dripped on the 1.2 until I saw liquid in those holes, then did a quick pull on the drip tip without firing to pull the juice in before vaping.

yea this is probably the best part of the 1.5! at first i thought why are they like that? but after using i realize that its because they wanted to prevent the leaking that the earlier versions had. i can drip like 10 more drops in the 1.5 with no leaking. acerig did it right this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread