PnP Coils for VooPoo Drag S and Wattage Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Why would I want a more restricted flow? I'm not disputing your recommendation, but I am trying to understand why I would want a tighter draw. That would be like a cigar that was wrapped too tight and one has to draw extra hard to get anything. Plus I can control airflow with the PnP MTL pods I am using.

The airflow across a coil does a couple things. One is it cools the coil down. So 35watts on that coil doing a MTL draw will be much hotter than a DL draw. The center of a DL draw coil is going to be larger than a MTL coil. The velocity of the air traveling though the 2 coils using the same draw is not the same. Imagine the venturi effect of a carburetor. Similar reason as to why to dont put a large CFM carb on a motor that cant handle it.

Also if you take a DL coil like the VM1 and restrict the air flow at lower watts you have a good chance of it leaking. The VM4 .6ohm sort of splits the difference between MTL and DL. Its still direct lung but with a slightly less airy draw than the VM1.

Found a video that shows the coils better

Last edited:
Reactions: mackman

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
The airflow across a coil does a couple things. One is it cools the coil down. So 35watts on that coil doing a MTL draw will be much hotter than a DL draw. The center of a DL draw coil is going to be larger than a MTL coil. The velocity of the air traveling though the 2 coils using the same draw is not the same. Imagine the venturi effect of a carburetor. Similar reason as to why to dont put a large CFM carb on a motor that cant handle it.

Also if you take a DL coil like the VM1 and restrict the air flow at lower watts you have a good chance of it leaking. The VM4 .6ohm sort of splits the difference between MTL and DL. Its still direct lung but with a slightly less airy draw than the VM1.

Found a video that shows the coils better

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and I appreciate the comparison to a carburetor (and I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have never driven a car with a carb on it!). Anyway, since I have e-liquids that contain 15 to 20 mg of nicotine content, I would like to try out the VM3 & 4 PNPs, as well as the R1 I'm already using (and like).

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
I think MTL is what you want--maybe half DL. I like .8Ω coils and I am an MTL vaper.

Maybe this chart will help you figure things out.

5uez3lz443y41.png
Coming back to this, as I've been a bit confused over nicotine levels according to the coil I'm using. I have E-liquid with nicotine levels from 12mg to 40mg. As in the table above, it looks like the R1 and R2 would be capable of handing the E-liquid that is in the 30mg to 40mg nicotine level range.

Question, though. I bought some coils for my Drag S, including a PnP-M1. I don't see it as being compatible with the Drag S, but I thought the Drag S was compatible with all PnP coils? Thanks again!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Question, though. I bought some coils for my Drag S, including a PnP-M1. I don't see it as being compatible with the Drag S, but I thought the Drag S was compatible with all PnP coils?

Just because it's not in the chart, doesn't mean it's not compatible. The M1 appears to be the same housing as the M2. Only difference being the resistance of the coil.

9709971-1.jpg

Reactions: VapingCigars

VapingCigars

Nov 3, 2020
    Just because it's not in the chart, doesn't mean it's not compatible. The M1 appears to be the same housing as the M2. Only difference being the resistance of the coil.

9709971-1.jpg
    That was my first thought but since I've only been vaping for less than six months, I am still very cautious. Now I just need a way to more easily identify my pods, so I can easily tell what liquid is in them, as well as coil. This is also important, as I have E-liquids with nicotine content from 12mg to 40mg. Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread