Pnp rba coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexandra.1029

Sep 14, 2021
Hello, i use Voopoo Drag x mod with with factory coils and i want to buy the rebuild-able coil by voopoo in order to start making my own coils but i i am so confused. Do i need to buy the rba coil just once and then just replace the wire and the cotton when it is needed or i replace the head coil every time i replace the wire? Thank you.

Reactions: Superuser187

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Hello, i use Voopoo Drag x mod with with factory coils and i want to buy the rebuild-able coil by voopoo in order to start making my own coils but i i am so confused. Do i need to buy the rba coil just once and then just replace the wire and the cotton when it is needed or i replace the head coil every time i replace the wire? Thank you.
Buy it once and replace the coil and cotton as needed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Agree

alexandra.1029

Sep 14, 2021
Thank you for your reply! I 'm talking about this in the picture. I thought it was cunsumable.

Attachments

• αρχείο λήψης.jpg
    αρχείο λήψης.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 21

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Btw the wotofo smrt rebuildable coil is from another manufacturer but its the same as the voopoo coils that your drag uses so u can use this also...

The difference is that the voopoo rba coil u get and use any wire and cotton u want in it..

The wotofo smrt coil is also rebuildable but wotofo also sells the mesh coil and the cotton in the correct size and is made this way to be easier to rebuild it cauee wotofo also provides a little tool and instructions to help u rebuild it...

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
  • Useful

alexandra.1029

Sep 14, 2021

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Thank you all for your answers! I use 1.0 ohm coils. I've noticed that Voopoo has only O.6hm prebuilt coils..What wire should i use to make 1.0 hm or more?

I would suggest u use 28ga wire first and then maybe try 26ga also and like 5 or 6 wraps depends how many u can fit in there but also u gonna experiment with how many wraps u gonna do it to see what u like best ofc...

In my opinion dont think about the ohms that much cause really doesn't matter..

Btw u mean to use on the voopoo rba i guess?? Right?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Oh btw i had no idea voopoo also sells coils already wrapped to use to the rba...

My suggestion was for normal wire spool that u get and then make the wraps yourself but if u want something more easy and already wraped coil i would suggest try those even if they are 0.6ohm it u cant find other ohms ...

Sorry i hope i didnt confuse you

alexandra.1029

Sep 14, 2021
I would suggest u use 28ga wire first and then maybe try 26ga also and like 5 or 6 wraps depends how many u can fit in there but also u gonna experiment with how many wraps u gonna do it to see what u like best ofc...

In my opinion dont think about the ohms that much cause really doesn't matter..

Btw u mean to use on the voopoo rba i guess?? Right?

yes on voopoo rba..no i was having trouble, but things are beginning to clear up!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I was thinking about your case and as i see u want what most of us do here to build your own coils and that way save lot of money that u spend on bying the disposable coil heads....cause what u gonna need is only wire to make the heating element that we call coil and also some cotton that u gonna change and this cost lot less..

Voopoo provides the option to use the rba coil head and its very cool of them cause not all manufacturers give that option...

I my opinion tho if u want to go for the rebuildable vaping path there is a better option but it will cost more and what most people do...
U can buy a 510adapter for your drag mod in case in wasnt in the box already...that adapter make the mod able to use any atomizer from any manufacturer in the market...then u can buy a rebuildable atomizer and use this with your drag...
The cost is more but a rebuildable atomizer is much easier to work with especially for a new vaper than those small rebuildable coil heads that voopoo provides to use in their pods...

Just saying ofc both options are good ofc and whatever u go for u gonna learn everything with time and get used to it...

Reactions: smacuser

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wrong version, that is to rebuild the normally non-rebuildable coil.

The designed RBA for these pods is of a round single type coil

$9.70 PnP-RBA Prebuilt Coil (5-Pack) 5-pack - authentic VOOPOO / 0.6ohm / designed for VOOPOO PnP-RBA Coil / 10pcs/pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

Btw the wotofo smrt rebuildable coil is from another manufacturer but its the same as the voopoo coils that your drag uses so u can use this also...

The difference is that the voopoo rba coil u get and use any wire and cotton u want in it..

The wotofo smrt coil is also rebuildable but wotofo also sells the mesh coil and the cotton in the correct size and is made this way to be easier to rebuild it cauee wotofo also provides a little tool and instructions to help u rebuild it...

Maybe you're looking for this.

Sorry I was replying to smacuser. Maybe I should have quoted. :(

And by the way Superuser187, you can use any wire and wicking you want with Wotofo SMRT too. I do. :D

• Informative
Reactions: Steamhammer

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Sorry I was replying to smacuser. Maybe I should have quoted. :(

And by the way Superuser187, you can use any wire and wicking you want with Wotofo SMRT too. I do. :D

:D yeah ikr and in my opinion is much better rba than the voopoos just by the looks of it cause its vertical but since i thought the op is not experienced i thought would be easier to go with the stock parts first and i am sure in future would think to try something else also

Steamhammer

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2020
Germany
I would go for the RTA Pod, or the Wotofo SMRT RBA.
The Voopoo RBA is crap. I tried everything, but I couldn't get a satisfying vape from it. I got Dry Hits or leaking or both. The strange deck design results in the coil positioned diagonally relative to the wicking channels. You have to bend the cotton sidewards to the channels, which leads to more compression of the cotton and poor liquid transport.

The PNP RTA POD, on the other hand, is easy to wick and tastes great. If it only had more than just 2 ml fill volume.

I don't know the Wotofo RBA, but I guess, it works better than the Voopoo RBA. In fact, I didn't know, that you can also use your own wire and a standard coil @BillW50 . I think, I will try the SMRT RBA out :)

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I would go for the RTA Pod, or the Wotofo SMRT RBA.
The Voopoo RBA is crap. I tried everything, but I couldn't get a satisfying vape from it. I got Dry Hits or leaking or both. The strange deck design results in the coil positioned diagonally relative to the wicking channels. You have to bend the cotton sidewards to the channels, which leads to more compression of the cotton and poor liquid transport.

The PNP RTA POD, on the other hand, is easy to wick and tastes great. If it only had more than just 2 ml fill volume.

I don't know the Wotofo RBA, but I guess, it works better than the Voopoo RBA. In fact, I didn't know, that you can also use your own wire and a standard coil @BillW50 . I think, I will try the SMRT RBA out :)

Do u know if the voopoo rta pod comes for mtl also? Cause the one i saw seemed to have wide bore driptip for direct lung....

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread