The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Police flashlight Mod

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by balldope, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. balldope

balldope Senior Member ECF Veteran

I got this flashlight off of ebay for $1.95 and worked great for a mod. Just got my batteries in from DX and I am charging them now. Fits one AA battery so I got the Trustfire 14500. I used the same switch that Nico used on the new NicoStick and a PCB to attach the 901 att and press fitted into the lens section. Thank you to all the modders for the great ideas!!

Attached Files:

2. Misty

Misty Forum Admin
    Supplier/Commercial Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Canada
    What a nice looking mod! love the look and size:thumb:

3. surbitonPete

surbitonPete Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    North Yorkshire UK
    It looks great....but I don't think those Police flashlights are very cheap to buy.

4. Tone

Tone Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2009
    LI NY
    Nice mod!!!!
    well done.

5. balldope

I lucked out and got it for $1.95 (cheapo from Hong Kong), other ones from this seller went for $3 +/-, they don't seem to have anymore. Too bad it worked out nice..
    Thanks

6. TnA

TnA Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 19, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    Good looking mod! Well done, balldope. Who knows...mebbe the "police" logo on your pv will keep the boys in blue away from you! <lol....luv the rhyme>

7. nicowolf

nicowolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA
    Very nice looking mod, balldope. You might be able to find a similar flashlight on DX, they have loads of different ones.

8. balldope

Thanks Guys/Gals. Nicowolf, It looks like they have the same one just without the Police sign on the side.
    DealExtreme: $3.50 1W 20-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA)
    Of course I have to wait for my next shipment of protected bats to start using it more, don't want to risk the BOOM eskimoroll just had.

9. nicowolf

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA

Hey, that would work nicely, to have your next mod body show up the same time as your protected batteries.:evil:. j/k I just thought it might be a source for some more flashlights for everyone else who wants to try it.

10. balldope

LOL My luck they would bust me for stolen property...

11. balldope

Yeah, ordering from HK is not for the impatient that's for sure. BTW love your new avatar...

12. nicowolf

Nov 9, 2008
    near Akron, OH, USA
    Me too:hubba:! I think I am getting the cyber version of loving to hear myself talk. I now love going back and looking at my avat- I mean posts.:oops:

13. davidM

davidM Full Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    you should carve out some more space in the foam, then you can put a little bottle of e-juice, and a spare battery or two and a space for the atomizer!

my eyes might be bigger then the foam is, but you get the idea ;)

14. Wildsky

Wildsky Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    Is it tricky to try work in that small space like that? I'm trying to picture how to go about making one, but it seems it would be difficult within a tube like that.

It looks really nice!

15. balldope

You know, I was so in to the mod itself I didn't even look at the box it came in... I'll have to get the old exacto knife out and give it a try.

16. balldope

Most of the work can be done outside the tube it's the last connections from the switch and the negative connections that can be tricky. There is enough room to have the wires a little long to make that last connection and then just tuck them in. It was not too hard at all.

17. ozrick

ozrick Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    ROFL:lol::lol:

18. davidM

davidM Full Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Iif it work out post a pic or two!

19. Zben504

Zben504 Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Rofl I was expecting a foot-long black mag light :p

20. balldope

lol, Yeah this is the one they point directly in your eyes not the one they club you with...8-o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.