Police flashlight Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Northern New Jersey - USA
I got this flashlight off of ebay for $1.95 and worked great for a mod. Just got my batteries in from DX and I am charging them now. Fits one AA battery so I got the Trustfire 14500. I used the same switch that Nico used on the new NicoStick and a PCB to attach the 901 att and press fitted into the lens section. Thank you to all the modders for the great ideas!!

Attachments

• flashlight.jpg
    flashlight.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Completed.jpg
    Completed.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 378

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Thanks Guys/Gals. Nicowolf, It looks like they have the same one just without the Police sign on the side.
DealExtreme: $3.50 1W 20-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*AA)
Of course I have to wait for my next shipment of protected bats to start using it more, don't want to risk the BOOM eskimoroll just had.

Hey, that would work nicely, to have your next mod body show up the same time as your protected batteries.:evil:. j/k I just thought it might be a source for some more flashlights for everyone else who wants to try it.

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Yeah, ordering from HK is not for the impatient that's for sure. BTW love your new avatar...

Hey, that would work nicely, to have your next mod body show up the same time as your protected batteries.:evil:. j/k I just thought it might be a source for some more flashlights for everyone else who wants to try it.

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
You know, I was so in to the mod itself I didn't even look at the box it came in... I'll have to get the old exacto knife out and give it a try.

you should carve out some more space in the foam, then you can put a little bottle of e-juice, and a spare battery or two and a space for the atomizer!

my eyes might be bigger then the foam is, but you get the idea ;)

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Most of the work can be done outside the tube it's the last connections from the switch and the negative connections that can be tricky. There is enough room to have the wires a little long to make that last connection and then just tuck them in. It was not too hard at all.

Is it tricky to try work in that small space like that? I'm trying to picture how to go about making one, but it seems it would be difficult within a tube like that.

It looks really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread