Polyethylene Glycol 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demak

Mar 21, 2009
I don't know much about chemistry. Is there a difference between Polyethylene Glycol and Diethylene Glycol. I read over 80 babies died when given teething syrup that contained Diethylene Glycol. The manufactures had switched from propylene glycol to save cost. I caused kidney failure.

I think we should be cautious. There is a lot out there that can kill quicker than analogs.

To read more google 'my pikin'

pharmagossip.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-pikin-teething-syrup-kills-84-babies.html

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Thanks for that, nice, looks like both PG and PEG400 have a tick for cancer..news to me on that one.

Here's the summary shots:

PEG400:
    from: http://skindeep.ewg.org/ingredient.php?ingred06=704603&nothanks=1
    picture179.png

PG:
    from: http://skindeep.ewg.org/ingredient.php?ingred06=705315&nothanks=1
    picture180.png

Melloh

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2011
    Canada
    I'm not sure, but why would you order this stuff for vaping if you don't even know a thing about it? I mean if you asked before you ordered it's one thing, but going off and ordering this stuff without a clue what it is, is just irresponsible. This is your health and your life you're messing with. That one 0 at the end could make worlds of difference. I'd suggest to be more cautious and vape more responsibly. I'm a newbie, and don't know much, but I figure the last thing this community needs is a person with a PV who met their demise through vaping the wrong chemical. Save your money and health and research before you purchase unknown substances for vaping.... Just common safety measures I'd say. Seriously vape safe man. I'm sure some science guy will chime in soon about that stuff.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    I've used PEG400...better TH than PG...a little thicker too.

I liked it. I wish it was used in the US. I think the reason it isn't used more is because it costs more than PG. It also has the "ethyl" in the name & people think it's anti-freeze. More people really should take some chemistry in high school.

The only places I've seen it used is Totally Wicked & China.

bomenik

Moved On
    Jan 15, 2011
    Spain
    I think the reason it isn't used more is because it costs more than PG.

Oh! Here in Spain it is much cheaper than PG. I've found it in the same farmacy store at 11 euros per 1 kilogram. And for 100 ml of PG I pay 3.50.
    But have not ordered yet. As you say, it has a better TH.
    So, two pros already - better TH and less toxic than PG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread