Polypropele vs Polycarbonate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
Polypropylene is supposed to resist cracking better on some juices and be a little tougher. They are usually more of a frosted color than clear. I think Smoktech makes both a polycarbonate and a Polypropylene dual coil tank. The latter one may be called their Pro tank and be a couple dollars more expensivve.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was wondering what the big difference in and which is better?

The major difference, as pointed out above, is the cracking issue. More specifically, there are certain juices out there, in particular some citrus and cinnamin flavors, that can slowly or quickly degrade polycarbonate plastic causing the tanks to crack or completely fall apart.

Polypropylene, Delrin, and Pyrex tanks are resistant to the degrading action of said juices. You will find that they will be more expensive (especially pyrex), but if you plan on using suspicious flavors in your tanks/clearomizers the money will be well spent. There is at least one thread here at the forums that lists known flavors/juices known to break polycarbonate plastics. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-cartomizer-tank-discussion/219179-lets-make-list-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html

I not long ago filled a new polycarbonate clearomizer with some strawberry lemonade from a well-known juice vendor, and within 10 minutes the entire clearo had fallen apart, leaking the entire sticky contents on my hand and desk. Since then, I have been researching for clearos and tanks made from Polypropylene, Delrin and Pyrex. The Polypropylene and Delrin will appear frosty/opaque. The pyrex will be clear like the polycarbonate, but due to materials and workmanship requirements will be more costly (check out Phiniac for the ultimate in bling).
:2cool: http://phiniac.com/pid-733/index.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread