Popular e-liquid recipes for DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi, I would like to find some good popular e-liquid recipes that many people liked and cook them myself. I would like to start with something simple and clear how to make. Could you recommend me them or maybe an Internet resource with recipes?
I assume you have your nic, PG, and VG. Mix a batch of unflavored with the same percentages of ingredients of a favorite pre-mix that you have on hand. Blend a few ml of each one together 50/50, shake and vape. You'll notice the flavor is a bit muted but keep vaping it and your taste will get more sensitive and you might end up prefering it. If this test works now you know you can make liquid you like for less cost than you paid for the original. After that I recommend shopping for all-in-one flavors from the top flavor companies. No need to try comlicated recipies. Save that for later.

I make 50/50, 12mg, just 1% capacino flavor by Capella. By keeping the percent low I never tire of it so don't need a bunch of different blends on hand. I didn't need different flavors of cigarettes.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The standard place to start is single flavors.
Pick something you like. Remember it will taste “artificial”. Orange flavors often taste like tang for example.

As single flavorings go the don’ts are more useful than the do’s
Things it might do to avoid:
-Cherry. (Famous for being very hard to make work)
-Any normal entree. Meats in particular are well known to be generally awful.
-stuff that doesn’t have a name you recognize as food. There are a lot of accent flavorings like “old oak” or “ leather” or “amber” or such that can help add to a main flavor but should not be used on their own

What do you like? Fruits? Baked goods? Desserts?

Reactions: Georgio

Georgio

Sep 27, 2019
Thanks guys, I do not think it would be a good idea to create my own recipe from scratch, at least not now. I am going to start with high rated recipes. I will easily find something that I like too :)
It was a good piece of advise to use google, I found what I looked for. :thumbs:

What do you like? Fruits? Baked goods? Desserts?
Yep, I think something fruity and sweety would be a good fit.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baditude

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Just to share my experience, I did not have much success trying highly rated recipes. Not saying you will fail like I did, but just saying that is not a guaranteed preferred vape. You have keep an open mind and be willing to accept failure (as harsh as that sounds). What is key is gaining exposure to the different flavourings. Might be a task at first, just starting out, but will come with time. But awesome you are getting into DIY.

We have a great running thread for DIY – lots of experienced users willing to share and give advice.

Random DIY mixing and More

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
New innovative diy e-liquid method
th

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I would like to find some good popular e-liquid recipes that many people liked and cook them myself. I would like to start with something simple and clear how to make. Could you recommend me them or maybe an Internet resource with recipes?
It may not be a good idea to introduce too many unknowns into to your first time vaping experience. DIY mixing may be the most difficult aspect of vaping to master.
One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three). One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the *mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Might like to visit:
DIYorDIE Concentrates
one shot
One Shot Concentrates
Flavor Shots Vape Juice | Mt Baker Vapor
Your One Stop Shop for DIY Flavoring, Great Prices and Great Customer Service
* Suggest calling the seller before purchasing and inquire if you can see (you will need to understand) the mixing directions.
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in :The DIY Forum
DIY E-Liquid
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread