Status
Not open for further replies.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
You can probably find over a dozen different clones of the Nemesis.

There are far more than a dozen clones of the nemesis!!!

At any rate, I can see why the nemesis was popular six months or a year ago but it's continued popularity is probably best understood in terms of lag as the general public catches up to the hype generated by the enthusiasts/hobbyists.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
Let's not forget the main reason they're so popular: they're sexy!

puja9eme.jpg

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
How exactly is the switch "horribly designed" or in any way awful. Are they clones or authentic? Also dont wana sound rude but why do you have 3 lol?

Or maybe ur just being sarcastic too lol. If so, bravo!

The double spring is a bad idea. Magnets help, but they're almost always still crunchy. They need to be shimmed because the throw is so long. The locking ring is too finely threaded and takes to long to lock and unlock. Any mod that needs to be modded to work well is poorly designed. Do a search. I bet there are hundreds of threads complaining about the button.

I have 3 because they cost $15 and hit hard.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
B1sh0p is right on.
I have 4
2 SS from different manufacturers
1 brass
1 copper

They are nice mods. Crunchy, finicky buttons that needed slight mods to work like butter.
Add magnets, a shim and internal polishing and its awesome.
The locking ring takes forever to lock/unlock.

I bought mine because the 3D clone is a dream and looks fantastic on a nemesis.

I repair mods for my local shop, and I've modded several legit Nemmys. The better made clones are almost indistinguishable from the real thing.
Fit and finish on the good clones are identical to Atmomixani.

If you buy legit, do it because you want to own a legit piece. Don't expect a significant level of quality over clones.
You will be disappointed.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I've always thought they were overrated. The voltage drop is nice and they're pretty, but they have an awful switch design. I have 3 and they're all paperweights.

The switch on my authentic works just fine. Never had an issue with it.

If you buy legit, do it because you want to own a legit piece. Don't expect a significant level of quality over clones.
You will be disappointed.

I beg to differ. I purchased an HCigar Nemesis and the switch was horrible. It was a little better once I put the magnets in it but not by much. The threads were utter crap!

On the other hand, my authentic has a great switch right out of the box and the threads are buttery smooth.

I am not disappointed in the least with the purchase. I'm actually very pleased with it and did find a significant level of quality over the clone.

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2014
Amarillo, TX
I got interested in the whole vaping thing after seeinga picture of someone's Nemesis with a tankful of Pluid on top on a smokeless tobacco forum. That thing looked both classy and badass (can you say "..." in here?) at the same time. For me, the engraving of the Death Angel did it, I had no idea that was based on a piece of art! Sometime in the future, I plan to own a Nemesis clone, right now leaning toward a copper Hcigar clone. I must say, Atmomixani deserves legend status in the world of mods!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

tomsa34

Moved On
Jul 29, 2014
JAcksonville, Fl
I agree with rule62. We have two totally diff nemmy clones and right out of the box the buttons were a little wonky, but once we got the magnets they are a dream now. My wifes rice pin was a little bothersome but we fixed that up realy easy (thanks to you guys). Hers had the double springs, mine had the single. Either way with the magnets they are awesome. Honestly the only thing about the nemesis I dislike is the airflow ring on top. Alot of the time it is hard to get my tank off because of it spinning and sliding in my hand and what not, but that is really minor as far as I am concerned.

So for those of you who think the nemmy is over rated, what mod do you propose beats it (in its class of course)?

tomsa34

Moved On
Jul 29, 2014
JAcksonville, Fl
If I could get down on a brass kraken and enjoy it I'd be all over that brass king. However I dislike the kraken and I don't care for the ss king so until another nice brass rba comes out... Still yours are nice, I just am at work 10 hours a day quite often and its hard dirty work so a dripper isn't in the cards for a daily use sadly. I wish I could bring my drippers with me :(

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If I could get down on a brass kraken and enjoy it I'd be all over that brass king. However I dislike the kraken and I don't care for the ss king so until another nice brass rba comes out... Still yours are nice, I just am at work 10 hours a day quite often and its hard dirty work so a dripper isn't in the cards for a daily use sadly. I wish I could bring my drippers with me :(

You can find brass parts for a kayfun for about $5 on Fasttech.

Btw:
Kraken with dual coils built at .7 is an incredible vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread