Possible Liver reaction to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Well, I just got out of the hospital after having one of the worst experiences I have every had in my whole life. I was vaping away and breaking in a new tank when everything started getting real weird and I started noticing a headache sick feeling. By the next day I had a splitting headache, and my body was literally shutting down. When I got to the hospital they started doing all types of tests; cat scans, sonagrams and blood panels and they found out that my liver was swelling and my liver enzymes were way off. After several days my liver swelling started to subside and my liver started working more normally again. After days of test the Doctors are all still perplexed by what happened to me. The can only guess that I had some severe reaction to some chemical or some virus they could not identify.

I don't know if it had anything to do with my vaping, but it is was one heck of a coincidence. I tried to do a little vaping when I got home and I immediately started getting sicker again. That is it. I guess I won't be vaping anymore. It is a shame because I really liked it, but I think I have developed some type of sensitivity.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not a Doctor.

But for whatever reason, it sounds like there is something in the e-Liquid you are using that your Body Reacts to.

It would be Wrong to give you any Advise on this because of the Seriousness of what happened to you. If it were me, I would Not Continue to use e-Cigarettes.

I hope you are doing better now.

BTW – If you didn’t give the e-Liquid you were using to your Doctor, I Wouldn’t throw it Out.

If your condition Doesn’t get better or you suffer another Bought of Swelling, your Doctor/Hospital may want to do an In-depth Toxicology Analysis on the e-Liquid.

Last edited by a moderator:

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
I would not want to give any advice either because you did get so sick. I am just glad you are better and I agree with zoiDman, get that juice analyzed. Perhaps if they can figure out what you are having a reaction to, you could then find juice that is free of whatever is making you sick and still be able to vape. Take care of yourself!!

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
IMHO - this may be obvious so forgive me , but if you're on any prescription medications or any over the counter medications that your taking daily, make certain your doctor and a pharmacist look at these first. Even if its not a single drug doing this, it could be the reaction of two drugs mixing in your system to become something unexpected. I say a pharmacist because a doctor will sometimes look at the adverse reactions of a single medication, while a good pharmacist is more apt to dig into the chemical make up of all of the drugs your taking daily, looking for potentially dangerous combinations. Have a consult with the pharmacist where you get your prescriptions filled and ask him/her to really look deeply at what your taking daily. Leave and come back the next day, to give them time to really review it. Again, just my opinion, but having as severe a reaction as you did certainly sounds to me like its more than an ejuice sensitivity. In today's world we get so little of our medical practitioners time, we do have to become our own advocates. Again I'm no doctor, but if a single ejuice did this to you I would think t's poison would trigger reactions in a large number of people that bought it and we'd be seeing a bunch of people posting on the juice hurting them.
Again, I'm no doctor and maybe it is the ejuice, but just to be safe I'd dive into the prescriptions I was taking just to be certain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread