Liver Problems and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Well I have been sick for a long time and after a near death experience I went back to my original post and it was closed, so I have started the thread again.
I now know what caused my severe illness which included fever, chills. severe headaches, malaise, adominal swelling, and kidney and liver swelling and near failure among other things

The Doctors believe it was a form of the Hantavirus know as Hemoragic Fever which is found in Asia and Russia. The illness is generally contracted by breathing in the virus which is found in rodent feces and urine. The incubation period also matches up well with the new tanks I got one week earlier. There is basically no chance that I got this from a domestic source so my best guess is that some components of the tanks were contaminated in the manufacturing process, packing, shipping or storage in China.

If I could so bold as suggest that it might be a good idea to suggest a way to sanitize these products before using them.

It is an unregulated industry and you are basically injecting this stuff directly into your lungs and I would not wish what happened to me on anyone else. It was a truly horrendous experience that nearly killed me.

Back to the living, :blink:

Fisher

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I agree with Class, things should be washed before use. I'm not really the type to do that sort of thing normally...I don't wash clothes before I wear them (Except underpants) but I do try to give a good washing to my attys before I use them, a lot of them still have machining grease on them as well as potential contaminants.

Glad to hear that you're doing better.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I'll echo everyone; glad you made it, what a nightmare... Now for how you got it... With people travelling and foreign products coming into this country all the time, I would suspect all kinds of products could be tainted. Of course those we inhale would be of the greatest risk. Not being a doctor I can't say what the incubation, etc. process is, but it sounds as if you have a handle on that.

I'm not doubting you in the least, but if it were from the tank I would suspect others would get it too... Is there any way to track down the batch/company as to see if anyone else got it/prevent others from getting it/really make sure it was the tank? It'd be worth looking into to see if it indeed was the tank and to prevent others the same nightmare.

I do remember when the CE2's came out there was some mystery fluid that some said smelled like rodent urine... I'm not saying it was or was not but I'm glad I'm using a wick/coil I made all by myself. I also just read an article how rice/rice products were tested for high levels of arsenic, so it appears nothing is sacred these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread