• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Post deployment complex-Vaping Unrelated

Status
Not open for further replies.

j10nke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
There have always been those people. Joining for a specific job or for the college money really isn't the best reason. Personally I think all first termers should be combat arms and that you shouldn't be able to get a "cushy job" until you reenlist. But unfortunately in the military the tail wags the dog -- the logistics and support personnel far outnumber those at the "tip of the spear".

We used to build camaraderie and team spirit in a variety of ways -- but now it is called hazing and is illegal. And don't get me started on the kinder gentler basic training...

I enlisted in the USMC in 2002 and am no stranger to getting punched. However, there tactics have changed... Grabbing someone's sleeve and shaking violently while making contact isn't punching is it? My buddy got thrashed in the face for repeatedly misplacing his step on a column left effectively "rounding the corner". The DI grabbed onto his rifle while it was being held and port arms and repeated to "not punch him in the face". I do however see the generations after me getting softer so I imagine what you see. A buddy of mine was busted down for hazing. He deserved it... He continued to run his 0311 marines when it started raining half way through the run... New corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread