Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
knowing nothing about what you have and are using and how you are using it/them; I would suspect that the battery you have is simply not strong enough to provide the wattage you are requesting.

Please share with us:
Which RTA?
Are you using temperature control?
How many watts are you wanting?
How many watts do you get?
What is the build in the RTA? Single/dual/complex coils/mesh
What is the resistance of the build?
What battery device are you using?
If it has removable batteries, what is the brand and model of the battery you are using?

Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sounds like you're trying to use advanced vaping equipment without enough or any knowledge.

What you may be experiencing is major battery sag due to using the wrong battery at a high wattage. This can actually be a rather dangerous proposition.

I would start here....

Look up the battery you have an see if Mooch tested it and see what he says it's max amp draw or CDR is.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Run it through this calulator.
    Battery Amp Draw / Drain Calculator - Vaping Hardware

For simplicity's sake, only enter your battery's amp rating and the wattage you are vaping at. Leave everything else as is.

Last edited:

Zfeld2010

Jun 10, 2021
    Sounds like you're trying to use advanced vaping equipment without enough or any knowledge.

What you may be experiencing is major battery sag due to using the wrong battery at a high wattage. This can actually be a rather dangerous proposition.

I would start here....

Look up the battery you have an see if Mooch tested it and see what he says it's max amp draw or CDR is.

List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Run it through this calulator.
    Battery Amp Draw / Drain Calculator - Vaping Hardware

For simplicity's sake, only enter your battery's amp rating and the wattage you are vaping at. Leave everything else as is.

Aromamizer Supreme V3 single coil deck. Been vaping RDAs for years and all my other atomizers work on the mod with the same batteries. Samsung 40Ts (mooch tested them).

Reactions: Superuser187

Zfeld2010

Jun 10, 2021
    Aromamizer Supreme V3 single coil deck. Been vaping RDAs for years and all my other atomizers work on the mod with the same batteries. Samsung 40Ts (mooch tested them).
    And it is a dual 21700 at 80 watts so I don’t think it is a problem. (and sorry about how untidy this post is, I am still adjusting to the forum)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    .35 resistance alien coil from coil clout.
    What resistance does the mod show? Do you use an eternal charger? I know... the questions never end. The more info you can tell us, the more we can help. What mod? When you installed the coil , did you do a "dry burn" with no wick? Did it glow evenly? Save me more typing... just mention everything you can think of.
    So you are saying the mod is set to a certain wattage but when you hit the fire button this changes?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    .35 resistance alien coil from coil clout. Amps not visible on the mod.
    Their web page says this is the resistance of an installed pair, are you using a pair or just one?
    Edit: I see that you already said "single coil deck"

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    This applies if it is a DNA powered mod designed for more than two cells. The maximum voltage output when using two cells on a DNA200 board is 6 volts, the 250 is 6.2 and I'm not sure what a 250C is but not much different.
    So if using just one coil at 0.7 ohm would require higher voltage output than available.
    If this is the case the resistance of the coil/coils needs to be below 0.5 ohms to output 80 watts.
    I'm kind of just thinking out loud here so...........

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread