Power issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikitos

Nov 4, 2018
Hi every one. Am relatively new to vaping and even newer for RTA.
So am using a Revanger x . And few days a go I got my self a Dead Rabbit RTA, and a pack of pre-made ss316L coils .
I installed the coil. (Single) and all was great. Yesterday I decided to clean the coil and as I was doing that while dry heating it. My power suddenly dropped from 43w to .4w.
So I threw the coil installed a new one. And all was good. For about 10 minute. Now itd doing the same every time I fire. Power drips and there is no vape ofcource. Dose the same on TCR as well . However it works on VW but I noticed that it used 3.8v when my battery is only 3.7.
The coils is .33ohm . And resistance is set to 91. Power 43w and 230 Celsius heat.
:cry:

Attachments

• 1541312419203.jpg
    1541312419203.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 17

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So am using a Revanger x . And few days a go I got my self a Dead Rabbit RTA, and a pack of pre-made ss316L coils .
I installed the coil. (Single) and all was great. Yesterday I decided to clean the coil and as I was doing that while dry heating it. My power suddenly dropped from 43w to .4w.
So I threw the coil installed a new one. And all was good. For about 10 minute. Now itd doing the same every time I fire. Power drips and there is no vape ofcource. Dose the same on TCR as well . However it works on VW but I noticed that it used 3.8v when my battery is only 3.7.
The coils is .33ohm . And resistance is set to 91. Power 43w and 230 Celsius heat.
Hi and welcome,
How are you viewing the screen while taking a pull?
TC will limit watts once the target temperature is reached.

If the coil is not being cooled by the force of your inhale, it will reach target temperature very quickly and watts will be decreased. That is how temperature control works.

HTH
I
User manual: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/2191257/downloads/user_manuals/Revenger_X_user_manual.pdf

• Agree
Reactions: Don29palms

Nikitos

Nov 4, 2018
Hi and welcome,
How are you viewing the screen while taking a pull?
TC will limit watts once the target temperature is reached.

If the coil is not being cooled by the force of your inhale, it will reach target temperature very quickly and watts will be decreased. That is how temperature control works.

HTH
I
User manual: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/2191257/downloads/user_manuals/Revenger_X_user_manual.pdf
I looked at my screen when I didn't get a hit only to find the wattage at .4 OHm

Reactions: DP2Raja

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
So if I reset it it should be fine.
Also could the fact that I dry burned my coil on TC when installing it. Cause this type of problem ?

You dry burned the coil in TC mode which is why the wattage dropped off so quick. You heated the coil w/o it being cooled by air which normally your draw takes care of that.
Use W mode to dry burn

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida

I had to tighten the 510 pin on mine, first try said no atomizer while firing. It has been bulletproof since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread