Pre build coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I bought a prebuild Clapton coil (not fused)
It's a brand called mythical vapers that I am guessing it's from my country and nobody will know
The thing is this coil sais it is
2.5id ni80 clapton 30/40 1ohm
I count it's 8wraps... I mean 7 and the half wraps on each side.... The end of the could look at the opposite direction...

Aaaanyways the thing is that when I use vape tool application this coils don't make sense...like it can't be 1ohm with those specs...
Also on my mod ofc the reading is not 1ohm

My question is...whyyyyy that??
U guys have similar experience with prebuilds??
Is it wrong labeling on the package?? Or it's the quality of the wire used...maybe it's not n80? Or it's a bad quality???

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I bought a prebuild Clapton coil (not fused)
    It's a brand called mythical vapers that I am guessing it's from my country and nobody will know
    The thing is this coil sais it is
    2.5id ni80 clapton 30/40 1ohm
    I count it's 8wraps... I mean 7 and the half wraps on each side.... The end of the could look at the opposite direction...

Aaaanyways the thing is that when I use vape tool application this coils don't make sense...like it can't be 1ohm with those specs...
    Also on my mod ofc the reading is not 1ohm

My question is...whyyyyy that??
    U guys have similar experience with prebuilds??
    Is it wrong labeling on the package?? Or it's the quality of the wire used...maybe it's not n80? Or it's a bad quality???

My first thought is that it's ni90 instead of ni80. That would give it the 1ohm rating, if the wrap count was 7.

Ni90 is pretty similar to ni80 it just has a higher lower resistance

Edited to add:
    can you take a pic of the packaging, or is there a product page link

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: Superuser187

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That is totally a MTL coil... what are you using it in? If you are using a regulated mod, don't obsess over resistance. What have you been using (tank and coils)? How many watts? In your current build, is it single or dual coil? I've been following your post but don't have good memory... it helps to give more details.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    My first thought is that it's ni90 instead of ni80. That would give it the 1ohm rating, if the wrap count was 7.

Ni90 is pretty similar to ni80 it just has a higher resistance

Edited to add:
    can you take a pic of the packaging, or is there a product page link

I don't think there is any page...and the packaging was just a zip lock bag with a sticker....
    Hmm yeah I guess who knows what kind of material they used and has that resistance....
    That's why from.now on I will just buy known brand things...
    I wasn't trying to be cheapo but that's all they had...

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    That is totally a MTL coil... what are you using it in? If you are using a regulated mod, don't obsess over resistance. What have you been using (tank and coils)? How many watts? In your current build, is it single or dual coil? I've been following your post but don't have good memory... it helps to give more details.

I wanted a thicker and fused like 30*2/38 vandy vape.....but that's all they had at
    the vape store...
    I use it for very airy mtl and some restricted on the same atomizer...

Yeah I don't really care for resistance but was curious if it was normal to be Soo off...like maybe that indicated that the materials they used are not what they say they are....
    Or if it was the case with all prebuilds like the resistance is not as they say in packaging....seems tho it's ni90 then cause the resistance I get makes more sense now....hmmmmm

Last edited:
    Reactions: AngeNZ

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I don't think there is any page...and the packaging was just a zip lock bag with a sticker....
    Hmm yeah I guess who knows what kind of material they used and has that resistance....
    That's why from.now on I will just buy known brand things...
    I wasn't trying to be cheapo but that's all they had...

My brain was disengaged yesterday, I should've said ni90 has a lower resistance to ni80.

And if I could find a MTL 30/40 clapton coil in ni90 I'd be using it. Don't let the fact it's not a brand name label put you off - if it vapes well, that is all that matters.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread