Pre Filled Carts? NEWB questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Hoping my new E-go will arrive today, I ordered E-juice from Copper Creek (House and a sweet tooth sampler) and hope it comes also, but am curious as the E-go kit comes with five "pre filled " carts. which begs some questions (for me at least)

I'm doubting the taste will be "great" on the pre-filled ; so how would I correct this assuming my new juice comes also?
Once I have used up the pre filled juice, HOW do I use the new juice to re-fill the carts; and get that flavor without dripping ? (re-using the carts) This is a temporary thing until I get my B cartos in a few days (hope so anyway LOL)

Sorry for the "silly questions" the wait on the mail today is LONGER than "usual" for some odd reason LOL

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Did you get carts (cartridges) or cartos (cartomizers)? There is a difference. The carts are part of a 3-piece set up, a battery, atty (atomizer) and cart, and the cartos are 2-peice, battery and carto (which is the atty and cart in one). The video is for cartos, carts are a bit different to fill.
Cartos are a much better setup, IMO, better TH, flavor and vapor, but carts can be refilled also. Just add a few drops right on the stuffing until it looks slushy, but not soaking wet.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
You can also use a syringe to fill a carto or simply drip the juice into the top end. I remove the carto and drip into the drip tip end. I'll add 6-10 drops at time and wait a minute or so for it to soak down. Between adding drops I set the carto upright on a paper towel. The carto is filled when it starts to drip a little from the atty end. This wastes a drop or two of juice but helps to flush darkened old juice from the low end, improving taste. I usually fill two cartos at a time.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
The carts came with the "kit" I have Boge cartos ordered (both 2 and 3 ohm for testing with the E-go for MY tastes LOL) but should have the carts today I hope.

Did you get carts (cartridges) or cartos (cartomizers)? There is a difference. The carts are part of a 3-piece set up, a battery, atty (atomizer) and cart, and the cartos are 2-peice, battery and carto (which is the atty and cart in one). The video is for cartos, carts are a bit different to fill.
Cartos are a much better setup, IMO, better TH, flavor and vapor, but carts can be refilled also. Just add a few drops right on the stuffing until it looks slushy, but not soaking wet.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Although I use another brand Boges are very high quality cartos and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

Edit: most use attys (atomizers) for testing juices.

The carts came with the "kit" I have Boge cartos ordered (both 2 and 3 ohm for testing with the E-go for MY tastes LOL) but should have the carts today I hope.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
The carts (not cartos) that come with your kit are made to be cleaned and reused. Just rinse out the cart, rinse out the polyfill and reuse. You also need to clean your atty though because it will taste like the previous juice.

There are about 100 different ways to clean an atomizer. I'm not an atomizer expert, I just soaked it in hot water and blow the excess water out of the battery end and blow a little on the coil. Put a couple drops of juice on the atty.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
I will use the attys for testing the juices, if I find one I love (House Blend gets rave reviews on here) then I'm interested in taking with me when out, and not having other flavors from the pre-filled carts. It is a very temporary thing so probably won't matter expect my Boge cartos in a couple of days.

Although I use another brand Boges are very high quality cartos and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

Edit: most use attys (atomizers) for testing juices.

Jim Bob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
Kentucky
Awesome and thank you SO much! I figured there was a good way, I wasn't sure IF water would harm them or not (as far as soaking up the E-liquids) I know they get wet from the e-juices LOL (making little if any sense) I've been using a cig style(auto) for about a month and very excited to get some much better equipment going!

The carts (not cartos) that come with your kit are made to be cleaned and reused. Just rinse out the cart, rinse out the polyfill and reuse. You also need to clean your atty though because it will taste like the previous juice.

There are about 100 different ways to clean an atomizer. I'm not an atomizer expert, I just soaked it in hot water and blow the excess water out of the battery end and blow a little on the coil. Put a couple drops of juice on the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread