Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
Has anyone tried using pre-made coils like the ones in the link below:

Fused Clapton 0.25Ω (10 coils)

I'm thinking of trying them in a smok Cloud Beast but i'n not sure they will fit or work. The coils are a tad expensive for the beast so it's probably best i start using the rebuildable deck

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Well, they should fit in any RDA and .49p per coil isn't that bad, considering how long they should last for you. If you aren't into building your own coils, they should be fine. I did use some pre-made coils once, someone gave them to me to try, and while they were fine.....I could do just as good a job twisting them up and figured this would only save me 5 or 10 minutes at best.

Stewart Jarvis-Grove

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2016
Lincolnshire, UK
I've had a bit of experience already. I made a couple of simple coils when i was using a subtank mini but i couldn't get it wicking right and it leaked badly so i gave up. I've since read up on the leaking issue so that shouldn't be a problem now but i'm not using my subtank mini and haven't for a while. The cotton i was using wasn't very good i think so i'll get some good stuff this time.

I'm not sure i will be able to knock up a fused clapton very quickly so thought i'd have a look to see if anyone else is making them and selling them and yep there is.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've had a bit of experience already. I made a couple of simple coils when i was using a subtank mini but i couldn't get it wicking right and it leaked badly so i gave up. I've since read up on the leaking issue so that shouldn't be a problem now but i'm not using my subtank mini and haven't for a while. The cotton i was using wasn't very good i think so i'll get some good stuff this time.

I'm not sure i will be able to knock up a fused clapton very quickly so thought i'd have a look to see if anyone else is making them and selling them and yep there is.

Not sure what type of Cotton you were using?

But IMO, I think Pad Cotton like Muji is about the Easiest to work with. Because you can control how much Cotton is in the Wick by how wide of a strip you cut.

Something that is Harder to do when using Bulk Cotton.

And once you find a width that works well for a given Atomizer/Coil, it is very Easy to cut the Same Sized strip the next time.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It was a bag of generic cotton a local vape shop sold me which wasn't in strips. I'm looking at getting a bag of Cotton Bacon V2 to try which looks like it comes in strips

I would Definitely try some Pad Cotton. Bulk Cotton can kinda be a PITA when you are New to Wicking.

I'm Not a huge fan of Cotton Bacon. But I know that many people like it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread