Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I ordered some 10440 batteries from DealExtreme before carefully reading the entire Precise thread. Anyway, one set looks to be protected and the others are not. So will the shorter unprotected ones work in the Precise or only the longer protected ones. Both sets are TrustFire brand.

Thanks,
David

both will work. But safety is issue.
unprotected are not safe.
there is different types of protection.
Such as over under voltage
cant list them all to you right now as just woke up.
thanks to insurance agent about claim.

most explosion issues ive read about are from unprotected batteries.
aw batteries are the best on market from what I am noticing.
they have there true maH rating. & a full protection circuit covering all your valuable protection needs.

I have ultrafire batteries.(same as trustfire)
what is your battery model numbers and i will go look up & see what exactly you have.

I will be on irc if needed.

Last edited:

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
DJDavis

In another post, David stated the unprotected 10440s will not work in the Precise. He precisely designed the Precise to fit the longer, protected batteries.

Bob

that was what I thought as well.

don't use unprotected unless you know a lot about li-ion batts.

chargers can over charge. even when the green light goes on, it can go into trickle charge, damaging the batts, give you less batt life, and could explode under certain circumstances.

Do NOT leave your charger unattended

you want it to shop charging and not go over 4.2v
personally I prefer to charge to 4.15 because I will get more charges out of a battery.

charging to 4.10 will give you even more charges out of a battery.
4.15 seems like the sweet spot for me personally.

Last edited:

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
OK, thanks everyone. Should have done my research before I ordered. At least I got two that will fit. I got two unprotected 10440 if anyone wants them, brand new, still in wrapper. TrustFire brand bought from DealExtreme.

Shoot me a PM with your address and I will send you a few 10440 protected ones to use until you can get some in from China...

Kris

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Thanks Kris, I won't actually need them until the Precise comes in. I got two of the protected, and two other that were unprotected. Wasn't sure which to get, so got both. Anyway my wife will have two when it comes, and I probably got time to get a few more by the time it gets here. I'm a ways down the list.

Appreciate the offer.

David

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread