PrecisePlus + Tank Question(s) & Request(s). New to P+

Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
OK... So i'm finally joining the P+ club... I've been searching for the "perfect tank" and without buying 10 of them to try them all which is just economically impossible right now.... i can't decide. Which tank is recommended? I haven't received my P+18500 flat top yet either so i don't know how it compares to the tanks i already have (a couple cheapies)... (i just ordered last week so i'm guessing the one i'll get is the slotted top)

My request to super T is to make a perfect match tank for the P+... in matte and polished to match of course... maybe even a single coil & dual coil model (only changing tube length).

It would also be awesome if it could have a pyrex tube option...

If this happens... *please* stock/make drilled cartos WITHOUT flange... flange is useless with the slotted top. i want the tank to touch... (i've already thought out a jig i can use at work to drill cartos none-the-less)

If anyone has pictures they would like to share or link me to i would greatly appreciate it... (i've looked through a ton of the P+ picture thread but 1/2 the pictures dont say what is attached to the p+.

Thanks in advance!

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
yup cartomator seems to match best from the tanks I have seen and owned, it comes in polished or satin or brushed. The liquinator doesnt look bad either imo although it is slightly larger in diameter. by the way, the only tanks that I have ever seen that are specifically made to use with the flanged cartos are the smoketech chinese tanks. I must say that I actually like the flange idea especially if the tank has worn out orings and has gotten loose, that way you wont accidentally pull the whole carto out when trying to remove the drip tip and on certain devices it keeps the tank from moving too far down just my opinion. First is the cartomator, second is the liquinator VPX_Tanks04_w.jpg precise.jpg

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Yeah agreed. I think Super T is moving more in the direction of rebuildable's and integrated tanks (my only gripe is that I wish it would move a lottt faster in that direction, I want a Strata already!).

If you want to match the P+ style, then Cartomator is about as close as you're going to get. It is slightly narrower, but it's a good fit. What's absolutely killer are the BDV stainless steel tanks with liquid windows and Cartomator caps, I eventually wound up going this route following the advice of someone on this forum who posted pix a while back.

Right now I'm kind of all stocked up on cartos and have more tanks then I know what to do with, including some of the arty stuff like Phiniac & Elegance tanks which look awesome, but seem to spend 99% of their life sitting in a drawer looking awesome, while I keep using the BDV & Cartomator combos.

Ultimate wish-list: a Strata (in titanium or damascus, with or without elf-fingers for wicks), that has some sort of wattage regulation built in, because quite honestly the f--k--g Kick just drives me up the wall and does nothing but introduces perpetual points of failure into an otherwise indestructible mod. What's the point of rhodium-plated perfect contacts, when they're coming into contact with brass wrapped in plastic, which just seems to constantly need fiddling in order to keep working. That's my experience with the Kick anyway, and I've just given up on it, some people seem to love it.

I do understand that the above will destroy the indestructible purity of a mechanical mod, and with a rebuildable the Ω's are however you wrap the coil; but I'd like something to boost the battery and just keep it steady at whatever I set it to. Perhaps as an option for the not truly 100% dedicated to all-mechanical who are willing to accept a small chip sunk into all the shiny metal.

Anyhoo, I digress. Super T FTW! If you want a tank that looks tight, then definitely check out VPX cartomator as your first stop, along with a possible detour over to Big Daddy Vapor's SS tanks with liquid windows.

A few examples that seem like what you stated you're looking for:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...687-tank-slant-top-p-18650-a.html#post7019210
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-t-picture-comment-thread-46.html#post6128843
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-tank-set-up-your-precise-7.html#post5392034

Not finding the BDV tank + VPX end-caps pics atm.

Last edited:

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I just had this really long post all written out and somehow lost it. UGH!

The BDV is cool... The Cartomator is better looking IMHO (i like the clear tubes)...

Thank you all for the info!

I might try to make one... i just dont know where to get pyrex/poly tubing..

schismz can you take pics of a p+18anything with your phiniac?

:blink:

there is a cool one at theecig that i saw but i dont know what it'd be like on the p+ not to mention that one looks like it's just Inviting me to break it. --- i actually love the vivinova tank.. but i'm on my second one... which is bent to s#!t from dropping it once... the first one i had CAME bent and i broke it before even trying it...

when i can i think i'm going to get the cartomator...

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I just had this really long post all written out and somehow lost it. UGH!

The BDV is cool... The Cartomator is better looking IMHO (i like the clear tubes)...

Thank you all for the info!

I might try to make one... i just dont know where to get pyrex/poly tubing..

schismz can you take pics of a p+18anything with your phiniac?
Just for you I broke it out of storage, pardon my lame taking pic skills:
phiniacT.jpg
It looks interesting, in a top heavy kind of way. The phiniacs are very wide. P+18650

Here's more Super T pics with VPX and BDV, these are not mine, I claim no copyright or whatever, they belong to either Patrick Kroupa, init0, unix_terrorist, Stephen Watt, or whoever posted them to the MindVox alpha list which seems to double as a drug paraphernalia list, most of the e-cig pix are a lot of Super T and GGs.
IMG_0877.jpg IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg IMG_1260.jpg
Reddit also lately has much e-cig stuff but no Super T sightings.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
thank you for that... so glad i didn't go that route (phiniac...)... it's too wide... i know whichever route i take i am going to get a normal length...

get this... i live in the mountains but commute down to work... so i go from 5700ft down to 1100ft and back again... guess what this does for tanks...going down the hill - nothing... going up the hill = LEAKAGE HELL. i have no idea how to remedy it. i need to try using a normal cart while driving and maybe put the tank upside down in a cup holder or something... maybe then it wont press liquid out...

i digress.... i wonder when, if any time soon i'll even get my P+... does a shipping notification get emailed to me on shipment?

is there some sort of order # ticker?

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Every tank i've tried does it... the vivinova is less drastic... what i think causes it is on the way up the hill the higher pressure in the tank from being down hill all day presses liquid out - equalizing pressure...

so i was checking the mailbox (dang po box) daily everyday... in vein :( with my luck... they'll run out... i've got the worst timing...

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
thank you for that... so glad i didn't go that route (phiniac...)... it's too wide... i know whichever route i take i am going to get a normal length...

get this... i live in the mountains but commute down to work... so i go from 5700ft down to 1100ft and back again... guess what this does for tanks...going down the hill - nothing... going up the hill = LEAKAGE HELL. i have no idea how to remedy it. i need to try using a normal cart while driving and maybe put the tank upside down in a cup holder or something... maybe then it wont press liquid out...

i digress.... i wonder when, if any time soon i'll even get my P+... does a shipping notification get emailed to me on shipment?

is there some sort of order # ticker?

A notice will be sent out when your unit ships. We are running pretty close to the ship times stated on the website (2-3 weeks from date of order).

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA

Yeah, the Phiniacs look alright on a ProVari because while it's also a 18650 it's a lot klunkier and wider than a Precise, the fit/finish is nowhere near as good. The phiniac tank itself is the same width, the end caps hang over the sides. It looks either kind of stupid/too big, or it looks less like a mod and more like you're holding a sceptre or something, don't know, some people seem to love them, I liked it enough to order it obviously, but then, like I said, the phiniac sits in a drawer. I wound up going the VPX & BDV route, which I first saw here, but I can't find the pix, so I posted the mindvox pics I could find, but they are all different examples of the same mix-n-match style, including the older-school two-tone P+ look, which they were doing half a year ago by mixing and matching pieces of different era Precises.

VPX = closest possible fit to a P+ that doesn't look like something completely different attached to the end of it. BDV has the best stainless steel tanks that offer a clear window, I don't like the VPX plastic tubes, just the end caps, but unless you're vaping cinammon or whatever else they list off as "will melt the tube!" then you don't need to worry about it. With BDV as the tank body it doesn't matter, it works with all juices.

Whatever you do the unfortunate downside is that you can order 1 cap, 2 caps, 20 caps from VPX, you can only order the complete BDV, so if you just want the body, you have to buy the whole thing and end up with 2 wide caps that don't look so good which you just throw in a drawer or sell in the classifieds, or attach to that plastic VPX tank you don't want, that you have laying around anyway, for yet another tank ;)

BTW that pic IS a normal-length, not super-sized Phiniac. That's just how wide they all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread