Predictions for growth of stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
It will be fun someday to be able to visit a store locally that is well stocked, instead of having to do everything mail order.

Currently, we have one store in the area, but you walk in and there's practically no stock.

What are your predictions for growth of stores around the U.S. and the rest of the world?
Think it will happen in another couple of years?
Think it will happen at all?

2wheels

Nov 17, 2014
New Jerssey
I have 6 shops within 20 minutes from my house. One has an excellent selection of hardware and juice. Another has an excellent selection of juice but caters to newbies as far as hardware goes. One is a headshop that has more hardware than most vape shops but their juice is awful. One is mediocre (would be great if they had anything in stock for more than a day) but since they cater to rebuilding they do a lot of business. The last two are crap.

My main gripe all of them sell crappy 18650s... whats up with that?

Last edited:

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
IDK,

So much of it is dependent on the freedoms our government does or does`nt allow, the odds are that mail order will always be King.
I buy everything via mail order. I have two small shops in my very small town, but they are primarily tobacco sellers just trying to grab a piece of the action, but they don`t have a clue.

Although some of what I buy does come from established B&M`s, the chances of small business grow are IMHO, are very limited in this area due to an overbearing nanny government that writes laws according to their will, and not the peoples.

Runamok3x

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
New Paltz, NY, USA
Interesting, I just found on craigslistlast night a local vape store ( bout 30 minutes away) that I had no clue existed.
I'll have to make a trip to check them out
Vapeology Electronic Cigarette Gallery
"We specialize in providing the best e juice from top companies like fivepawn, steamfactory, suicide bunny. We also offer 100% organic e juice from virgin vaper. "
Let hope the govt does not regulate them out of existence.

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
I'm very lucky to have a fantastic locally owned chain of stores in my area, an area some may call "Podunk" - Central Iowa. In fact, one of their newest branches had a grand opening today that I had the pleasure to attend; I was able to shake hands and speak with Tim Klerekoper, Director of Marketing @ ProVape (and so much more than that!) - was quite an honor for me!

If you don't have a decent local store, you probably will soon, judging on how fast they seem to be appearing ... not just in my area, but everywhere.

There are too many shops within 20 minutes of me to even list. However, the majority of them are terrible and very non-informative when asking questions. Getting to a store where they have tons of stock and know what they are talking about was priceless when I started vaping. If you don't have any near you, you should think of opening one!

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
That seems to be the case here in Lincoln, a city of less than 250K. There are at least a dozen that I know of. And I run across a new one every few weeks. I was worried that the market could not support that many. But as far as I know only one has possibly closed. On the other hand I heard maybe a year ago that Kansas City didn't have any. That has probably changed.

You can't throw a rock without hitting a vape shop in Austin. I'm wondering how many more we can actually support? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread