Premade RDA coils question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just ordered Quad 0.36 ohm premade coils. Now when i want a dual coil setup - what should i set the initial ohm value on my mod? just 2 x 0.36 ohms?
Hi Karl,
YOU do not control the ohms reading unless you are making the coils. (length/material/wraps/ID)
When the coils arrive, 1 coil per build will be approx .36Ω., 2 coils per build will HALVE the resistance of each coil making your final resistance reading approx .18Ω.

Which battery(mod) and topper/tank/RDA are you using?

Cheers
I

Have a poke and play here: Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

karledmnd

Nov 10, 2018
South Africa
Hi Karl,
YOU do not control the ohms reading unless you are making the coils. (length/material/wraps/ID)
When the coils arrive, 1 coil per build will be approx .36Ω., 2 coils per build will HALVE the resistance of each coil making your final resistance reading approx .18Ω.

Which battery(mod) and topper/tank/RDA are you using?

Cheers
I

Have a poke and play here: Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Hi, Thanks for the speedy reply!
Im using a G-Priv2 with LG HG2 Batteries and Sony VTC6 Batteries.
The RDA im using is a 528 custom goon :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
karledmnd, the ohms value on pre made coils if their screw in type with a housing is the setting you would use.

If they are ones you install in an rebuildable, you would usually divide the resistance by the number of coils used.

But get a cheap reasonable multimeter to check as well as you don't want to kill your mod. Set it at lowest ohms mode and then put one probe on centre pin and one on thread and that will give you the value you need.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Hi, Thanks for the speedy reply!
Im using a G-Priv2 with LG HG2 Batteries and Sony VTC6 Batteries.
The RDA im using is a 528 custom goon :)
Yeah, just remember the simple math equation.....Dual coils: divide by 2. Triple coils: divide by 3. Quads: divide by 4.....etc.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just to be clear here, you should not be setting the resistance of the build manually into the mod. The mod measures the resistance itself. If the resistance measured and displayed on the mod (in this case ~0.16 ohm) is way different than expected check your connections and make sure the screws are tight and holding the coils in place. Never rely on what resistance you're "told" it is. Measure it yourself, in this case with your mod, or if you're using a mech some sort of dedicated resistance device like a 521 tab that has a 510 connector to mount the deck on, or even a plain old DMM that will read low resistance accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread