"Premium" E-Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Hey everyone, new here. I tried doing a search but couldnt find anything current on this.

Anyway, Im curious if anyone has any recommendations on premium e-liquid brands, what the real difference is between them and other brands are. Im shopping for some new liquid and figured Id try and order some.

The main reason I ask you guys is because, internet articles, youtube, websites, B&Ms etc. all seem to be working an agenda. Whether a youtuber was paid to promote a brand or a website was, its really hard to trust any of their suggestions. So I have come to you guys!

It seems like the word "premium" is thrown around a lot, but Im also curious if you guys think it is worth it. I was reading up somewhere and someone was talking about VapeWild like it was "inferior/lesser", in reference to their friend had fallen on hard times and thats why they were vaping it. Personally I dont have any problems with VapeWild, I enjoy their fruity flavors quite a bit and they dont gunk up my cotton/coils like Jam Monster (never tried it, dont plan on it after seeing some gnarly pics). But if theirs something much better im interested in trying it!

Sorry for rambling on!

Reactions: stols001

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
Hi Lufty - welcome to ecf!

I buy a lot of "premium" e-liquids and just like non-"premium" brands, they are hit or miss! I've had good luck with Glas, Charlie's Chalk Dust, Beantown Vapor, Cassadaga Liquids, Smax - just to name a few. I've also had bad experiences with some "premium" e-liquids (I won't name names because taste is so very subjective and others swear by them). I think the best thing you can do when it comes to "premium" liquids, is see if your local vape shop will let you try any that they might carry - if not, you might want to check out a website that carries a lot of different "premium" brands (Giant Vapes or Element Vape would be good places to start) and read flavor profiles and reviews. I know it's a huge gamble paying full price for premium brands when you haven't had the chance to try them, but I've done that more times than I can count and have been happy with the results more often than not. I think as long as you are looking for flavor profiles you enjoy and don't buy too much into the hype surrounding certain juices, you might be pleasantly surprised.

On the other hand, there is absolutely nothing wrong with VapeWilde or any of the other budget friendly companies out there - as long as you enjoy the liquids - that's all that really matters. The main difference I have found between premium and budget friendly vendors is that some of the premium brands have a little more complexity to them - I will also say that I've had a few budget brands that have an off taste in the base (peppery or chemical taste, etc.) that carries through multiple flavors from the line. I don't think I have experienced that with any of the "premium" juices I have bought. I could be wrong - I've tried a LOT of e-liquids, but none come to mind at the moment. Good luck and happy hunting!

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I used to work in a vape shop that carried regular and so-called premium flavors. One of the premium flavors was Five Pawns. Out of a maybe a dozen flavors that we carried by them, I really liked the Castle Long. It's a Kentucky Bourbon flavor with hints of vanilla bean, almond, and coconut notes. You either loved it or hated it. They also had a more expensive Castle Long Reserve which was steeped in Oak barrels for an even more unique flavor and about $10 more in cost per 30ml bottle.

Five Pawns had many loyal customers who would buy up to three bottles at a time. Too expensive for my budget, tho.

As someone above said, you'll find a lot of hit or miss flavors with any line of e-liquids.

Last edited:

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
I had figured a majority of the socalled premium brands were just an upsell. I had just read it and got to thinking that maybe their was something to it. Thanks so much for your replies guys. I try and use JuiceDB as much as I can as well. But Im going to give your way a try.

Has anyone tried VapeFTW's line? Their going out of business and have theirs marked down. May just give it a try, I like their little 8 bit logo thingys that have. Just trying to think long term and find a flavor that will be around

I was looking through some website earlier and their was a list of maybe 40 or 50 different lines of juice, it was daunting haha I was so overwhelmed, it was just too much! lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread