Premium without the outrageous price tag... ITCVapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassington

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Central Florida, US
You guys, I have an issue. Okay, maybe this question should be geared more towards the peeps that use this type of juice in a non-tank, non-dripper type of fashion.

Right now, I'm trialing my ITC juice I received yesterday in an MT3 because my aspire nautilus mini and full size are currently occupied.

My normal ratio is 65/35 pg/vg and since this juice is 50/50, it seems to have a *much* harder time wicking in the MT3. It doesn't seem like that little of a difference in ratio should make that much difference but it does. I'm leery of removing one of the two wicks for fear of leaking. If I do remove it, I'm out an MT3 because I don't have spare wicks laying around and the wicks basically fall apart once removed from the snug coil housing.

I brought the watts way down on my vamo to 4 watts, which barely produces any taste/vapor - anything much higher and it starts to burn.

I'm sorry for the wall of text and the noob question but I'm puzzled. Anyone have any suggestions? You all are more versed in ITC than I am. :) TYIA.

DasFriek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Ohio
ITC uses a very thick VG and even at 50/50 it's thicker than most,for most it's a good thing.
But to help the issues I've heard a few drops of distilled water mixed into your tank can help.
If you want to do that and increase the throat hit a few drops of vodka works.

I've not tried either, but it's a well known fix.

Sassington

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Central Florida, US
I threw caution to the wind and went against my better judgment - I removed a wick (being as how I don't have any distilled water or vodka on hand). It seems to not be struggling as hard to work (pull the juice in) now, which makes me very happy... I definitely don't sense it burning as I slowly tweak the watts. Yay! Lesson learned I guess.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
When I was using Kanger heads I always had to pull the extra, loose wicks or they would choke on just about everything. I've moved on from those, but my brother still uses them and once I twigged him to pulling those extra wicks, he's much happier too.

I threw caution to the wind and went against my better judgment - I removed a wick (being as how I don't have any distilled water or vodka on hand). It seems to not be struggling as hard to work (pull the juice in) now, which makes me very happy... I definitely don't sense it burning as I slowly tweak the watts. Yay! Lesson learned I guess.

Sassington

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Central Florida, US
When I was using Kanger heads I always had to pull the extra, loose wicks or they would choke on just about everything. I've moved on from those, but my brother still uses them and once I twigged him to pulling those extra wicks, he's much happier too.
You pulled both wicks out and left only the coil-wrapped one there? I almost contemplated doing that as well because they're nearly microscopic (to me) but I worried that it'd leak in my pocket or something.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
You pulled both wicks out and left only the coil-wrapped one there? I almost contemplated doing that as well because they're nearly microscopic (to me) but I worried that it'd leak in my pocket or something.

i have some .6 wick on hand. when i used single coils, i took out both wicks and replaced them with 1 wick @.6mm. it worked really well.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I have a preferred vendor (below in my signature), but I'm waiting for my sweet juices to ripen and steep, about 6-8 weeks. I've tried different "sweet" vapes from the local vape shop and haven't had ANY luck.

I went outside of my comfort zone after I read this thread and ordered the 'Dirty Dutchman' and 'vanilla cupcake' with a flavor boost of the vanilla cupcake.

Do you think these are going to be juices I can vape FOOB? I have seen a warm bath mentioned somewhere among the threads, but I cannot locate the actual thread on how to do so. Do these particular juices I ordered even require a warm bath?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dani

Last edited:

Fire N Ice

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Louisiana
I think Dirty Dutchman will be ok after a speed steep, but it'll definitely get better over time.

To speed steep, just fill a microwavable bowl/cup large enough to submerge most of the bottle with water, nuke it till it's hot (but NOT boiling), and drop the bottle in. Let it sit for a good 5 minutes, take it out, and shake the crap out of it. Afterwards, uncap and let it sit for a while (preferably overnight). It won't be fully steeped, but that'll give it a good head start.

I would personally recommend shaking it once or twice a day for a few days after to get the flavors nice and blended.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I think Dirty Dutchman will be ok after a speed steep, but it'll definitely get better over time.

To speed steep, just fill a microwavable bowl/cup large enough to submerge most of the bottle with water, nuke it till it's hot (but NOT boiling), and drop the bottle in. Let it sit for a good 5 minutes, take it out, and shake the crap out of it. Afterwards, uncap and let it sit for a while (preferably overnight). It won't be fully steeped, but that'll give it a good head start.

I would personally recommend shaking it once or twice a day for a few days after to get the flavors nice and blended.
Great! Thank you for your recommendation. I'm looking forward to it.

Take care,
Dani

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States
I don't have any issues with 50/50 in Evods using stock coils/wicks.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
I have a preferred vendor (below in my signature), but I'm waiting for my sweet juices to ripen and steep, about 6-8 weeks. I've tried different "sweet" vapes from the local vape shop and haven't had ANY luck.

I went outside of my comfort zone after I read this thread and ordered the 'Dirty Dutchman' and 'vanilla cupcake' with a flavor boost of the vanilla cupcake.

Do you think these are going to be juices I can vape FOOB? I have seen a warm bath mentioned somewhere among the threads, but I cannot locate the actual thread on how to do so. Do these particular juices I ordered even require a warm bath?

Dani

My friend loved the cupcake foob. I didn't get to try it :(

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
That's what I did. But as FCastle said below, that might now always be necessary. It's one of those "your mileage may vary" deals.

Zphinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Fort Lauderdale FL, USA
I only foob'd the apple buns. I'm letting the silver ry4/jack o' lantern juice/lemon custard bar/dirty Dutchman steep. Just trying to find out how long I should.

Are you saying a week and a half is sufficient to steep? I will prob go a little longer, since I don't hot water, I hate plastic bottles enough on their own.

What I do when I get my orders in is:

1) shake well
2) let sit for a bit
3) shake again
4) fill some 30ml glass bottles with your juice
5) take some warm / hot water and put the glass bottles in it (Hot bath)
6) shake again
7) let it steep for a week or two

Normally from time to time I have a taste to see if the juice is there or not, if I like what I taste one of the glass bottles gets into my rotation if not, back into the dark.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
South Central PA

Dani

For me the Dirty Dutchman was good right out of the mailbox. A little sweet for my tastes, but it does mellow a little in time.

Vanilla Cupcake is just way too sweet for me in general. Maybe that's right up your alley though.

On that note I ordered Turkish and some Gold Ry4 last night along with some bottle accessories, How would you guys describe Turkish?

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
For me the Dirty Dutchman was good right out of the mailbox. A little sweet for my tastes, but it does mellow a little in time.

Vanilla Cupcake is just way too sweet for me in general. Maybe that's right up your alley though.

On that note I ordered Turkish and some Gold Ry4 last night along with some bottle accessories, How would you guys describe Turkish?
Oh no. I ordered a flavor shot of vanilla cupcake and I like sweet, but not overly sweet :ohmy: I was thinking the cupcake would come out, like the CAKE. Did you try them FOOB?

Thanks,
Dani

PS- I have not had an order confirmation yet, is this typical?

Sassington

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Central Florida, US
Oh no. I ordered a flavor shot of vanilla cupcake and I like sweet, but not overly sweet :ohmy: I was thinking the cupcake would come out, like the CAKE. Did you try them FOOB?

Thanks,
Dani

PS- I have not had an order confirmation yet, is this typical?
I'm just going to throw in my 2¢ as I am trying the vanilla cupcake two days after receiving it - it is mega sweet - and I'm typically a sweets lover... I didn't do any special speed steep or anything other than shaking and leaving the cap off for a day. It tastes a lot like very sweet vanilla cake. I don't get so much of the icing from a cupcake (or maybe that's what I'm interpreting as being so sweet) but that might change after its aged a bit. I don't think I'd like it if I got an extra flavor shot. I got the 50/50 mix at 12mg. Your mileage, of course, may vary. Hope that helps. :)

sarahhonald

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Marietta, GA
About the VBC- cream types tend to bloom after steeping. You may like it FOOB (with a lot of juices- some people like foob and other people tasting the same juice will report that they had to let is steep first). I always steep as a rule but I also always try most of my juices when I get them. If I'm like "wow" then I vape them FOOB but otherwise I wait. And it also depends on how dedicated to what is already in rotation at the moment.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I just tried the jack o' lantern juice... Now maybe it is because I really like pumpkin pie, maybe it is because I have vaped a pumpkin pie juice from another vendor...

But, I don't see why others thought this tastes like pumpkin pie. It is a bit too subtle on the spice for that. I get a nice creamy flavor out of it. It tastes like pumpkin cheesecake to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread