Preorder woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
I'm leary of pre-ordering from sites I haven't ordered from because, well they may never send it, or keep pushing the date back.

I know manufacturers change the release date sometimes, but I don't want to be stuck waiting for a month after the release and have my local b&m stocking it for the same price.

Long story short, I want to preorder the geekvape tsunami from a reputable site. Any suggestions?

Affiliate links are not allowed!!!!

Last edited:

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
i have one pre-ordered from vaportekusa - have had some experience with them and no major issues
I found vaportekusa but saw a lot of negative reviews and not many of their products on their site have reviews so I was nervous. I even called their "b&m number" and got voicemail. Not a good sign for me.

When you say "major issues" does that mean there were minor ones? I saw some folks said don't preorder from them because they won't ship your item in a tank timely manner after release.
But, in the same token, people often only voice bad experiences and not good ones.

Reactions: BrotherBob

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I found vaportekusa but saw a lot of negative reviews and not many of their products on their site have reviews so I was nervous. I even called their "b&m number" and got voicemail. Not a good sign for me.

When you say "major issues" does that mean there were minor ones? I saw some folks said don't preorder from them because they won't ship your item in a tank timely manner after release.
But, in the same token, people often only voice bad experiences and not good ones.
i had one item get delayed there, but they resolved it - have had a couple other minor orders with them with zero issues... the tsunami will be the make or break for 'em in my book - if it ships on time, all good - if they delay and others are shipping them, i will put em on the doodoo list :)
the plus is, they are stateside... some of the overseas vendors i have pre-ordered from with very good experiences - efun.top, smokstore... fasttech is fasttech - yes, tech; no, fast... cvapor seems to suck wet poots outta dead pigeons - have a pre-order waiting with them now, will be the last time i use 'em...

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I would trust VapeNW, as @Tol says, because I have ordered from them several times and no problems. I have heard one customer service horror story-- here's hoping you're not number 2-- but don't have any verification. It's easy for me; I never preorder. In fact, not only do I wait until they can ship, I usually wait until I can read the thread here.

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
I would trust VapeNW, as @Tol says, because I have ordered from them several times and no problems. I have heard one customer service horror story-- here's hoping you're not number 2-- but don't have any verification. It's easy for me; I never preorder. In fact, not only do I wait until they can ship, I usually wait until I can read the thread here.

I like vapenw, that's where I got my dna200 and I trusted them with that order ($200+ in items) I didn't see the tsunami on their site...I'm going to check back now

Reactions: suprtrkr

ThinkCloudyThoughts

Feb 18, 2016
Yep, vapenw for the win, any subohm tanks for temp control worth my time while I'm at it? I haven't wasted my time with a tank since my subtank (kangertech is the epitome of Chinese crap, the RTA deck positive post just ripped right off and the tank is now permattached to my kbox 50w)

I've heard nice things about the Griffin, actually had the manager at my local b&m tell me to not waste my money on the cardinal and get the griffin instead (said the best thing in the box was the dotmod tips)

A tank would be nice for my reuleaux while im on the move, but I'm very much an RDA kinda gal. Premade coilheads are for the birds.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Yep, vapenw for the win, any subohm tanks for temp control worth my time while I'm at it? I haven't wasted my time with a tank since my subtank (kangertech is the epitome of Chinese crap, the RTA deck positive post just ripped right off and the tank is now permattached to my kbox 50w)

I've heard nice things about the Griffin, actually had the manager at my local b&m tell me to not waste my money on the cardinal and get the griffin instead (said the best thing in the box was the dotmod tips)

A tank would be nice for my reuleaux while im on the move, but I'm very much an RDA kinda gal. Premade coilheads are for the birds.
I have heard a lot of good things about the Griffin as well. I was going to get one but they were out of them in black. Then decided to grab a tsunami instead because when between and RDA and a tank, I almost always go for an RDA. People have said the Griffin is one of RTAs very close to a dripper. I will be grabbing one at some point for sure. I can't stand using my STM these days.

sent using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I preordered the Griffin from Vaportek. I wasn't one of the first to get one, but pretty close. They had a discount code for it so I took them up on it. I was fine with the time frame.

I bought the Fodi from them as well.

Your best bet if you want one immediately after release is to wait and see who gets it in stock first.

Reactions: Tol

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

Might look at an Indulgence MT and/or the Advken Ωega. I run both, in TC or wattage mode, and am getting great flavor and cloud. The MT, in particular, is set up for high-watt vaping. The juice channels are huge, so much so it took me a number of tries to figure out how to get enough wick in it to stop it from leaking. Further, the MT has a close cousin, the MuTank, that was designed for prefab coils, but that has available two different RBA decks. One identical to the MT, a 3-post, 4-hole arrangement, and the other is a near copy of the Velocity style 2-post, 4-hole design. All around, serious big air high watt machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread