Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

"You in?" :)

Am I in? For Johnson? It Doesn't Really Matter.

Because the State I live in will be carried by Clinton. So my Vote will Not Count. So unless something Completely Crazy happens, I will probably Write-In Vote for John Kasich.

I couldn't be more Disgusted with the Flaming Train Wreck that this Presidential Election is. Or with the Primary Process that allowed these 2 Candidates to be the "People's" choice.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I think this election will go down in history as the worst one ever. I don't think folks will be voting FOR a candidate but will be voting AGAINST their opponent. Several times we have had to choose the lesser of two evils but sadly, this time, they both are unfit to hold the highest office in the USA :facepalm: May as well just do a inney, miny, minny, moe or put the 2 names in a hat and pick out the winner. :(
How about 'Pin the tail on the Donkey'?..

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Am I in? For Johnson? It Doesn't Really Matter.

Because the State I live in will be carried by Clinton. So my Vote will Not Count. So unless something Completely Crazy happens, I will probably Write-In Vote for John Kasich.

I couldn't be more Disgusted with the Flaming Train Wreck that this Presidential Election is. Or with the Primary Process that allowed these 2 Candidates to be the "People's" choice.

Mine should be carried by her also.

At least that's what they tell me.

I guess I'll find out after I vote that day. I think that's the way it works. We vote, THEN they count.

No matter. I vote. All the time, every time.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Remember that they want us to believe that we have no choices, no possible impact. The less voters, the easier it is to control.

The polls are now meaningless. They can't reach people via landline any longer, and they discount entire groups of people, one of which is now the largest voting block in the country (unaffiliated voters).

Whatever they say, it should never deter us from doing the one thing that we are empowered to do - which is to cast our vote. That's all we have, and I'm not about to just give it back.

Chances, zero.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'll be honest, and apparently the odd man out here. But although I enjoy vaping very much, and have for over 5 1/2 years, it's quite a ways down my list, as far as issues of importance for the country. I'm more concerned about the Middle East, Domestic Terrorism, the economy, health care, and many other issues that I place above vaping in level of importance. I'm not totally happy with either of the major party nominees either; but it is what it is; and Gary Johnson isn't the guy I feel comfortable with, particularly with his apparent lack of knowledge of world affairs.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'll be honest, and apparently the odd man out here. But although I enjoy vaping very much, and have for over 5 1/2 years, it's quite a ways down my list, as far as issues of importance for the country. I'm more concerned about the Middle East, Domestic Terrorism, the economy, health care, and many other issues that I place above vaping in level of importance. I'm not totally happy with either of the major party nominees either; but it is what it is; and Gary Johnson isn't the guy I feel comfortable with, particularly with his apparent lack of knowledge of world affairs.

:thumb:

You can also add 2 Supreme Court Justice seats to your List.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
:thumb:

You can also add 2 Supreme Court Justice seats to your List.

Yes, quite possibly three. SCOTUS Justices are very important considerations, that I neglected to mention, but factor into my choice. The impact goes many years beyond the 1 or 2 terms of a Presidency.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If I could, I would vote SCOTUS have term limits. They have way too much power.

Long a rallying cry of mine too.

All respectable positions and opinions, regardless of agreements or disagreements.

Points being they are for something, not against, and certainly not defeated. If every voter goes out and votes their conscious, regardless of irrelevant stimuli, we'll truly have achieved that which Mr. Lincoln referred to when he said -

"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."

And if there's anything more important than that, I'm not sure I can identify it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
all I can say... vote with who you can support, not those who pander for your votes... and yeah us neighbours to your north are kinda pointing and laughing nervously at your election.. and debating building a wall if a certain cheeto wins...

:ohmy:
:facepalm:

Thanks, Kat!

So sorry. Moving on...

Last edited:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I'm voting based on what SCOTUS will look like in the next 4-8 yrs.
If I could, I would vote SCOTUS have term limits. They have way too much power.

Edit: Looks like we posted together...

The problem is: Just as with the idea of term limits for members of Congress and the Senate, all would require a Constitutional Ammendment, which isn't likely.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The problem is: Just as with the idea of term limits for members of Congress and the Senate, all would require a Constitutional Ammendment.

As a matter of opinion, some actions might be viewed as justified. Being firmly planted in the "Power corrupts" camp, I'm also firmly supportive of limiting power in every way possible. We've seen the damages of extended power, and I'd love to see the flip-side some day (be that idealism or not).

The very essences of a representative government come greatly into play with much of what's been posted here today.

Once again, let freedom ring.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm hoping that with Johnson in support of vaping, it may just bring more light to our plight.

I was a pretty much die hard Democrat. Vaping has really made me open my eyes to the corruption that is in both parties.

My heart and conscious is on board with Johnson for this election. I cannot support either of the main two parties.

If Bernie Sanders had made the Dem nomination, I would have had no problem staying with the Dem vote. What the DNC did during this election....

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
I'm In!
I've always been a moderate independent voter, with a slight left lean. I happen to agree on a lot of Johnson's stances, and had a feeling, he would eventually make this endorsement. Pro free market, against government overegulation. So no, I don't think he's pandering. If he can stand up for Legalization, I don't see why he wouldn't support the vaping community.For those of you who, don't know enough about Johnson, do some research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread