Prince Baby beast airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise Millet

Jul 15, 2018
Hello,
So happy to have found this forum!
Ive been trying to quit smoking but have issues with every tank I buy. Ughh.
I recently purchased the smok stick prince baby. Which should have come with TFV12 tank but came with TFV8 instead. Sigh.
It originally came with the V8 baby mesh coil which I am now replacing. The spare coil is a V8 baby dual coil. After installing I can no longer adjust the airflow. Am I missing something?
Please help!

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I looked up what you bought
  • Utilizes TFV8 Baby Beast Core Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
  • Includes (1) V8 Baby Mesh Coil 0.15ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 40 - 80 Watts)
  • Includes (1) V8 Baby-M2 Dual Coil 0.25ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 30 - 50 Watts)
  • This is for the SMOK TFV12 Baby Prince Tank:
I've got a few of the TFV8 big baby beast tanks because I like them. I've got the Smok G-priv 2 and just replaced the tank with a TFV8 BBB, I've got a RBA coming so I can use the x tank. As far as changing the air flow I've found that you have to loosen the tank, use the bottom ring to loosen then use the glass portion to change the air flow. That's it on the tank I'm using now.

• Useful
Reactions: Fidola13

Denise Millet

Jul 15, 2018
I looked up what you bought
  • Utilizes TFV8 Baby Beast Core Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
  • Includes (1) V8 Baby Mesh Coil 0.15ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 40 - 80 Watts)
  • Includes (1) V8 Baby-M2 Dual Coil 0.25ohm Atomizer Head (Designed for 30 - 50 Watts)
  • This is for the SMOK TFV12 Baby Prince Tank:
I've got a few of the TFV8 big baby beast tanks because I like them. I've got the Smok G-priv 2 and just replaced the tank with a TFV8 BBB, I've got a RBA coming so I can use the x tank. As far as changing the air flow I've found that you have to loosen the tank, use the bottom ring to loosen then use the glass portion to change the air flow. That's it on the tank I'm using now.
Thannk you so much for your help. Ill give it another try.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im not familiar with this new tank from smok, but if its anything like the others, leaking at the bottom is usually the result of overtightening the coil head into the base. Overtightening causes the o-rings on the coil head to deform and let juice pass through and on out the air flow slots. I looked this tank up on the internet, i didnt see any significant design change over the other tanks smok makes, so im thinking it will most likely be that you've put the coil head in too tight. Screw the head in till you feel resistance, then snug it a bit more and stop. You should be able to unscrew it easily enough. If its difficult to unscrew, then its too tight and will defimitely leak. The coil heads should be finger tight and no more. Another reason that these would leak from the bottom is faulty o-rings from the factory. I even got a coil head once that didnt even have the o-ring. Quality control at smok is sometimes lacking but they have been getting better lately.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I tried it again and tge juce leaks right out of the slot/airflow. Seems like somethings missing. There is nothing in the slot showing that its opening and closing. I could have sworn there was something there when you twist it. It's late. Had a long day. I'll try again tomorrow.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I hear your pain. You have not told us how long you have been vaping but you are using advanced equipment. One of the reasons I like RDA's is because they are simple and foolproof. Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
https://quitsmokingcommunity.org/electronic-cigarettes/what-is-an-atomizer-definition/
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread