PRO VARI w/ MAP TANK or MINI MAP... IS an adapter necessary???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Sometimes screwing the MAP tank on tighter helps.

Without anything attached to the ProVari the "Ao" should read "OP", meaning open.

What is your voltage set at?

Do you have a Digital Multi-Meter to check the Ohms of the CE2?

Do you have any other CE2's?

You could try to a new CE2 in the MAP tank.

If you have another CE2, screw it on the ProVari and check the Ohms, you should put a drop of juice on the coil prior to checking it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
When I take the MAP tank off of the provari unit, the Ao value is around ~5.4. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do to get improved contact between the MAP tank and the provari. I've pulled the CE2 core out a little more to see if it wasn't screwed all the way down, but improving the space between the MAP and Provari doesn't change the Ao from 1.3. Any more suggestions?

I'm not sure if when you say the core you mean the center pin, but if not pull out the center pin of the CE2 just a tad by sticking one of your pointy tweezers end into the center hole and just pry outwards a little bit so that center pin is sticking out just a smidgen from the end then try screwing back on to your Provari.

Greendogo

Mar 16, 2009
I did try pulling the inner pin assembly down to see if that would help, but it still doesn't change the Ao readout. I'm fairly certain that the CE2 is making all the right connections with the provari.

The threads are clean and dry. This device has never actually been used before, so I hope the provari actually works and I don't need to send it in for repairs already :laugh: If anything this is probably something to do with the CE2, right? I wish I had a second atty or carto to test out the provari with. Sadly, I am up a proverbial creek without a paddle, since all I have until I figure this out are analogs.

Just checking, but there should be some wires running along the inner shaft of the CE2 along with the wicks, right?

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I did try pulling the inner pin assembly down to see if that would help, but it still doesn't change the Ao readout. I'm fairly certain that the CE2 is making all the right connections with the provari.

The threads are clean and dry. This device has never actually been used before, so I hope the provari actually works and I don't need to send it in for repairs already :laugh: If anything this is probably something to do with the CE2, right? I wish I had a second atty or carto to test out the provari with. Sadly, I am up a proverbial creek without a paddle, since all I have until I figure this out are analogs.

Just checking, but there should be some wires running along the inner shaft of the CE2 along with the wicks, right?

I feel your ProVari is fine!

You should try another atomizer, CE2, Carto or something to check to make sure.

The wires run along the outside of the silver center tube of the CE2.

Edit to add:

Try lowering the voltage all the way down to see if you can get it to work at a lower voltage.

Last edited:

Greendogo

Mar 16, 2009
So I let the guys over at Provape know about my problem and they sent me a new one as well as some complimentary drip attys. Thanks guys! You're the best!

My original Provari had over-heated and started to smoke when I first put the battery into it (the smoke was originating inside the device from the electric bits). They said it should only smoke when you want it to :laugh:

They shipped it to me a few weeks back and I just now sent the old one back which was only $5.20 for the post office's flat shipping rated less than 4lbs box.

Anyways, I've been using the new one for a few weeks and I have no problems to report. It works really well and I love it to bits. None of the previously reported Ohms I was getting on the old Provari (1.3 on EVERYTHING) is showing up now, they all are functional, so that's good. The MAP Tank was wonderful until I vaped it's carto-atty into oblivion, but I have so many extras that I'll be fine for a while anyways until I want to order a replacement.

Thanks for the help everyone! I just love this forum, you guys are so helpful! Also, a big shout-out to Phil and David at Provape for their fast responses and tech support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread