Problem with coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyntreblossom

Jan 6, 2016
Hi. I am currently using an Arctic tank on a coolfire 4. I vape at around 35W usually. I went to change coils from the coil that came with it to a BTDC .5 ohms that I purchased at a local vape store. Once I put the new coil in, my coolfire kept saying check automizer. I tried tightening the coil. removing and replaceing the coil. I double and triple check that it was .5 ohms and not .05 ohms (as the coolfire cant read below .3). I just don't know what to do. It will not fire at all. I had to go to a different store and buy a different coil. Now im left with two BTDC coils that wont fire on my coolfire. Help?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It sounds like connectivity problem. Maybe you pushed the center pin in a bit while trying to tighten the atty onto your battery. It happens often. Or maybe the pin is just a hair too short. The best solution is to have a few of those spacers in your vaping box:

Circuit Board Spacer | Madvapes

Just drop one into the 510 well of your battery and your connectivity should become restored. Some people recommend pulling the center pin out a hair, just a hair, until it makes contact. I prefer the spacers.

And in the future, try not to over tighten your your atties--I screw mine in only until they make contact (you can read the coil's resistance) and stop there. Every attempt to over tighten will almost inevitably result in depressed pin.

Good luck!

Reactions: Gothicmace59
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread