The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

problem with kanger mini

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by penguinfan, Nov 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    just bought a mini kanger (white)that....was barley working at first. had juice settling for a while. Now when the battery is in it seems like the button is being pressed. I turned it off and it is still making noise as when the button is pressed to take a puff. IS there something I can do to fix this? or is it defective

2. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    take the battery out immediately!
    take it back to where you just got it from.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deezy24
    This message by deezy24 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 17, 2016, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    Nov 14, 2016
  4. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Good to hear it :cool:

I've had a 75 watt Kbox Mini for over a year I think and beat the heck out of it ... never let me down. They are tough boxes (or I just got a good one).

Best of luck with it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I have an original KBox and it is still running like new after a year. Beat up, but works great! Very good mods IME.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    all 3 of mine have survived my mechanic/drop everything from my top pocket hubby... paint job hasn't.. but i like painting them anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ryedan

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Mine looks like it's been through WW3. I'll take a pic of it later and we can compare mod battle scars :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    he's been using my originally red, but painted blue and black one for about 2 weeks(and complaining my paintjobs add weight, well duh don't use it then!), and i ended up grabbing it last night... he's not only taken off my paint job in parts, but the original red paint as well, i be seeing silver under it all lol. i'm going to end up sanding that one down eventually, but i've had it since july and managed not to mess it up...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ryedan

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Well it sounds like yours will probably be more impressive [​IMG], but just in case ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Merlin is definitely pissed to have to hang out with it [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe some sanding and a paint job would help, but I think it's probably wiser to think about retirement. Then again, to loose all that character ... :(

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    phhhphbbbth! you know they're sexy in silverish... sand it and clear coat it, problem solved.

12. Ryedan

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    LOL, I like the way you think :)

So what have you found is the best protective finish for a mod? Clear I would think Varathane, but that's basically plastic and will scratch up pretty quick. I did that to my copper vein Reo. It didn't last all that long and I never beat up that mod.

There are those protective rubbery coatings. I think they go on quite thick and should be quite durable. Did a quick search and found a clear one. Have you ever tried something like this?

Off to work now to ding that mod up a bit more :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    i love the description, need to know how it reacts to to heat, and what ever device it is used on would have to be carefully dismantled first and made sure they don't cover/fill in things they shouldn't like the heat vents... i mainly use a hard gel nail polish as most of mine aren't perm and are easily removable with nail polish remover deliberately, though i've being thinking about a few of them i would like to be more perm.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.