Problem with leaking Innokin Ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoran Ilic

Sep 22, 2019
Serbia
I bought this tank 3 weeks ago, about 20 tries to make it work but nothing. I did everything as P.Busardo showed in his videos, everything like the others showed in their videos too, but still nothing. After 5-6 puffs, the chimney is full of liquid and liquid starts to leak through air holes. I was not lazy so I tried both more and less cotton, I tried to fill it with the underside before wrapping my head in the tank, but always the same timing before it leaks through the air vents. I pulled the oil in my mouth several times, afraid not to poison myself, so I gave up everything. I've changed the Orings twice already, everything I could try, I've already tried. I have to add that this is not my first tank to use, I am using berserker mini 1.5, Expomizer v4 and 3 Eleaf Lemo2, so I am not someone who is inexperienced.

The atomizer is made in top quality, gives a very good aroma, is very easy to use and setup, the build quality is at the maximum level, but as I stated before, it has some problems maybe with pressures inside the chamber and this is the biggest drawback. I am also trying to find the answer to my questions. There were a lot of problems with other tanks in my past, who had some fabric errors and I made to fix them, but this is far away from my skils.
I have no help from the support because they do not have an outpost in my country, so for me, this is a waste of money.

Zoran Ilic

Sep 22, 2019
Serbia
I was reading some posts about Siren v2, it is similar to this tank, a lot of them cuts the ends of wick, I will post my image here, maybe I am wrong with my wick

Attachments

• unnamed 1.jpg
    unnamed 1.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 227
  • unnamed 2.jpg
    unnamed 2.jpg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 222
  • unnamed 3.jpg
    unnamed 3.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 221

Zoran Ilic

Sep 22, 2019
Serbia
To short the story..All 3 sets of orings I tried, I am using coils from the package, large amount of cotton, smaller amount of cotton, longer tails, shorter tails, filling with open airflow, filling with closed airflow, filling with upside tank like at bskr mini, higher stand of coil, lower stand of coil, dry hits without power after filling, filling full tank, filling half tank, there is 100% vacume in the tank. After filing the tank, for 20 seconds you see how liquid disapear from the tank (enters in the chamber), the chimney is full of liquid and after that it starts to leak through air holes. I noticed a few times when I washed it, when I open the topcap, the liquid don't leak outside, I can't empty the tank unless I unwraped it from the deck.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't have the ares but I have the Siren V2 and the Hastur which are both suspended decks, I've got the tails touching the deck in the Siren V2 right now without issue but in the Hastur I don't let the tails touch the deck..

either way though, so long as your careful to not have cotton in the threads when you put the tank back together, but carefully have the wick in the wicking channel then your good.

But you do have to be very careful that cotton isn't in the threads, or you will end up with leaking issues..

are you wetting your cotton before screwing it all back together?

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It will be mine too..
Your problem could stem from many different causes. Sounds like you have tried most common solutions. Suggest reading the following just to make sure you tried most solutions:
Coil Priming 101 | E-Cigarette Forum
Most Frequently Asked Vaping Questions Part 2
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
5 Simple Solutions To Stop Your Tank From Leaking
14 Easy Tips To Fix Your Leaking Vape Tank | E-Cigarette Direct
TFV8 leaking
One other solution I found may help, If applicable, remove the o-rings/seal and give them a light coat of petroleum jelly. Reassemble and give this a try.
Could post question in:
Innokin Technology
These folks may (should know) have an answer not addressed.
With regards to Ali Express, they took my money and gave me a garbage product which was not what I ordered. When I pointed out the problem, "so sorry". Good luck with them.
Filling in your exact location may not be a good idea? Might try general area though, like SE Asia etc... It may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Zoran Ilic

Sep 22, 2019
Serbia
Thanks man, I'll try again, from the start, as soon as I found some free time. I've lost a lot of time, nervs, cotton, wire and juice for experimenting with this atomizer.
I am not selfish about the material I threw, but I could use it in other atomizers I have. But as we always mention, one learns while alive and should strive for it.
I'm not going to throw the atomizer in the bin, but one day I'll find out what the breakdown was, and I can bet it's a small thing.

Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread