Problem with my rdta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omennn

Mar 8, 2021
Hey guys

I'm having problems with my RTDA, the problem is that when I switched from a mesh coil on it to a normal wire coil it did not work at all, I had problems with getting the right temperature and also was having problems with finding the right level wattage for the coil to work properly.

On the other hand when I put the wattage up to like 60w on the mod is fired however after like 5 seconds, and it didn't fire normally but it just "exploded" in a way is just started spitting liquid everywhere.

The mod is a "Dovpo Topside Dual 200w squonk box mod" and the rdta is the "Wotofo Profile RDTA".

If anyone could help that would be amazing.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hi and welcome.

I can't advise on this particular problem but I'll watch this thread with interest as so far I have been greatly impressed with my Dovpo Topside Lite and am actively looking at other Dovpos.

What I have found ( and like) is that my Dovpo hits harder and faster than any other mod I have even though they all show the same setting.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey guys

I'm having problems with my RTDA, the problem is that when I switched from a mesh coil on it to a normal wire coil it did not work at all, I had problems with getting the right temperature and also was having problems with finding the right level wattage for the coil to work properly.

On the other hand when I put the wattage up to like 60w on the mod is fired however after like 5 seconds, and it didn't fire normally but it just "exploded" in a way is just started spitting liquid everywhere.

The mod is a "Dovpo Topside Dual 200w squonk box mod" and the rdta is the "Wotofo Profile RDTA".

If anyone could help that would be amazing.
What resistance is the coil?

Omennn

Mar 8, 2021
Hi and welcome.

I can't advise on this particular problem but I'll watch this thread with interest as so far I have been greatly impressed with my Dovpo Topside Lite and am actively looking at other Dovpos.

What I have found ( and like) is that my Dovpo hits harder and faster than any other mod I have even though they all show the same setting.

Yeah I agree with that however, I was thinking of changing the "wotofo profile" to a "hellvape dead rabbit v2" to make it easier for me to just use coils instead of meshes

Reactions: Falconeer

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The coil is a "geek vape alien coil" and the metal is n80 resistance on .18ohm its in a dual set up
.18 for 1 coil or .18 for the dual build? Would help to know the gauge of the wires as well. Your problem could be as simple as ramp due to wire gauge or if the build is actually .09 the resistance or wattage is too low.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

Reactions: Omennn

Omennn

Mar 8, 2021
    .18 for 1 coil or .18 for the dual build? Would help to know the gauge of the wires as well. Your problem could be as simple as ramp due to wire gauge or if the build is actually .09 the resistance or wattage is too low.

So it was set up in a dual coil build and it was at .18ohm, and the gage I'm pretty sure is 28G & 32G

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Do you normally use mesh? Was the mesh also Ni80? I never build mesh - I have some drop ins, but that’s it. It may be that your more familiar with it, wicking it and such. I’m more comfortable and experienced withSS, so I sometimes struggle with getting a good vape with Ni80. I’m supposed to be getting the Profile soon, so I’ll try to let you know if I have any issues with it. I have another one - pyro I think? I’ve never had an issue with that one.

Reactions: Pigs

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    So it was set up in a dual coil build and it was at .18ohm, and the gage I'm pretty sure is 28G & 32G
    Have you done a dry burn to make sure there are no hot spots? You should be getting a decent ramp I would think. Maybe @Pigs could chime in here. How many cores in the alien?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

When you say exploded do you mean the coil itself broke, or do you mean it let out a loud pop and you started getting spit back (eliquid)?

Definitely check the coil for any hot spots. If you are getting spit back it may be due to not having enough cotton in the coil.. Another thing, I have a few rdas that will start popping if I have too much airflow.

Apologies if I misunderstood...

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Mesh ramps up a lot faster then a dual core Alien does.
    Ni80 has the fastest ramp of the 3 common wire types which is why I use it but a big Ni80 Alien will be slower than mesh of any material.

I'm a little unclear about your build though. Are you saying this coil has a resistance of 0.36 Ohm or 0.18 ?
    If it's the latter it's a big mumma and designed for higher wattage than 60W.

The Profile deck is designed for mesh or single "standard" coil but really works better with mesh.
    Maybe you should try your alien build on another atty and after removing any hot spots see how you go.

My only other thought is that when you say "exploding" it sounds like the deck might be flooded and causing spitback.

If it is a dual coil build then it will ramp up slower still.

Last edited:

Omennn

Mar 8, 2021
    Have you done a dry burn to make sure there are no hot spots? You should be getting a decent ramp I would think. Maybe @Pigs could chime in here. How many cores in the alien?

I did dry burn it first as normally you would do however I wasn't getting good response, could that I didn't prop the coils properly or that I'm just doing something wrong, however after setting it up it wasn't ramping up at all, maybe i had too low wattage or idk.

What wattage do you normally burn your coils at?
    Also what would be the stable wattage for the coil do you think?

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    First I would just try using just a single coil. For ni80 exotic I'd start with 15w for dry burn but you may need to go up more if there is more than 3 cores. Once it is glowing evenly wick and juice. For single coil build with exotics I generally start at 23 and go up from there. Haven't used a dual build in 2y or more. Don't try to vape coils that aren't glowing evenly with no hot spots, you won't get a good vape regardless of wattage and could damage your deck and device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread