Problem with the CAPTAIN PD270 mod. NEED help ASPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzballz

May 4, 2019
I recently bought the Captain PD270 mod. I charged it via USB due to my charger not arriving as yet. last night I left it charging as usual and electricity had went and I didn't unplug it from charging, I left it plugged in even after current came back it was charging. Now this morning the batteries won't charge, and later this evening I plugged it back to charge and it did not move up from zero bars.. At one point I got a question mark on battery A an it went after a minute... and I left it for about 3 hours charging and still no charge can anyone help me please? It still powers on but wont fire cause the power is toooo low. Please anyone can you help. Thank you

Reactions: stols001

Fuzzballz

May 4, 2019
I have a feeling its just the batters because the vape worked with the little charge thismorning before sayin battery low an around 11:50am or so i pligged it on to charge by my friends house an it got up to 2 bars and i took 2 pulls from it. At around 3pm ish i was home abd put it to charge on my usual charger location etc an after about 2 hours the battery charging wasn't disappearing as should an i noticed the bar went from 2 to 1 an well as it is i took out the batteries and left everything as is... Unplugged an stuff but if i can get a definate answer will ne great. But thank you so very much miss. You clarified my worries a bit

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Use simple elimination, same batteries different mod, same mod different batteries.
It's a great idea to have spare batteries so you can use one married set while charging the other. It's also a great idea to have a back-up mod. It's also recommended to charge your batteries externally if you can. It's also a good idea to not charge any battery overnight, the reasoning being if the unlikely event that they burn you are awake and able to deal with them.

I have had a similar experience to you. I had two 18650s that I had on a charge go to zero volts while they were charging. It can happen. If an 18650 gets below 2 volts then it is irrevocably damaged and should be recycled even if you can charge it back up again.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Opinionated, it's one of the only solutions I've seen around.

Okay.. but still not for our batteries, so it's not a solution.

The reason is the charger itself produces heat, so it has to be set up in a way that the charger stays outside the bag, or in this case the box, where the batteries are.

Lipo's can be connected via wires, and those wires can run to an external charger, but Liion batteries cannot and have to be physically inserted into the charger..

This is why those charging bags and boxes are great for Lipo batteries, but not for the Liion batteries we use in vaping.

Unless your seeing a way to have the Liion batteries inside the box, and our chargers outside. I'm only seeing these boxes used for lipo, and they even say Lipo batteries on the site.

Fuzzballz

May 4, 2019
Use simple elimination, same batteries different mod, same mod different batteries.
It's a great idea to have spare batteries so you can use one married set while charging the other. It's also a great idea to have a back-up mod. It's also recommended to charge your batteries externally if you can. It's also a good idea to not charge any battery overnight, the reasoning being if the unlikely event that they burn you are awake and able to deal with them.

I have had a similar experience to you. I had two 18650s that I had on a charge go to zero volts while they were charging. It can happen. If an 18650 gets below 2 volts then it is irrevocably damaged and should be recycled even if you can charge it back up again.
Thanks an yeah i did yhe elimination process and the mod worked well with other betteries..... The batteris had gone below the limit and wasnt charging so i got an external an now they work prefect.. I learnt my lesson on charging them

basilia

Moved On
May 24, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread