• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
just made several failed attempt to do a Ti1 build on my subtank mini. realised that the screw to tighten the coil is almost flat. despite wrapping my wire around the screw, the resistance still jumped. have to switch back to kanthal for the moment as kanthal is harder thus easier to tighten.

wondering if i can find the screw at any Home-fix or specs shop?

any help would be appreciated,
let me know if i violate the rules here, i'll delete the post.

Feeq

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2015
just made several failed attempt to do a Ti1 build on my subtank mini. realised that the screw to tighten the coil is almost flat. despite wrapping my wire around the screw, the resistance still jumped. have to switch back to kanthal for the moment as kanthal is harder thus easier to tighten.

wondering if i can find the screw at any Home-fix or specs shop?

any help would be appreciated,
let me know if i violate the rules here, i'll delete the post.
screws you can find it EVERYWHERE, if you know what i mean;)

Reactions: macis

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Not too sure what you meant by jump, but ti1 resistance will jump under heat for one hence it is only used in tc mod. 26awg ti1 should offer the same viability as kanthal in terms of building.
i mean the resistance jumping ard fr 0.3 to 0.9ohm. i understand that titanium wire jumped accordingly when heated, hence the need to locked the resistance on certain devices.

i cannot be 100% certain if mine jumped is becos of the screw or the Ti1 wire itself, as i have only 1 tank to test. but by screwing the screw ON the wire without wrapping it around, the coil moved when i pushed the end part of the wire. after wrapping it around the screw b4 tightening it, the coil still sort of moved bit when i ajust it with screwdriver compared to the other side with the perfect screw. i tried switching the screw around but the problem still persist.

when i switched back to kanthal, the resistance still jumped if i didn't wrapped the wire around the screw.

may i asked do u build contact coil on ur Ti1 wire. if u do, do u noticed its resistance jumping when u tuned it?

sorry my english very bad, hope u can understand what i'm trying to say.

Last edited:

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
i mean the resistance jumping ard fr 0.3 to 0.9ohm. i understand that titanium wire jumped accordingly when heated, hence the need to locked the resistance on certain devices.

i cannot be 100% certain if mine jumped is becos of the screw or the Ti1 wire itself, as i have only 1 tank to test. but by screwing the screw ON the wire without wrapping it around, the coil moved when i pushed the end part of the wire. after wrapping it around the screw b4 tightening it, the coil still sort of moved bit when i just it with screwdriver compared to the other side with the perfect screw. i tried switching the screw around but the problem still persist.

when i switched back to kanthal, the resistance still jumped if i didn't wrapped the wire around the screw.

may i asked do u build contact coil on ur Ti1 wire. if u do, do u noticed its resistance jumping when u tuned it?

sorry my english very bad, hope u can understand what i'm trying to say.

Ahhh then its not the "jump" that I was worried about, you did your homework :thumbs:

Usually if kanthal resistance jump too, its time to strip the whole RBA. You can remove the post by unscrewing the bottom airflow portion (that might be loose). Also problem could arise from anywhere that's in contact with the mod i.e the centre floating pin might be not making contact as well. (I highly doubt the its screw problem though)

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
1cdaa884b97b785977043c60e5c4c5a2.jpg

These are the parts you can strip it down to

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Ahhh then its not the "jump" that I was worried about, you did your homework :thumbs:

Usually if kanthal resistance jump too, its time to strip the whole RBA. You can remove the post by unscrewing the bottom airflow portion (that might be loose). Also problem could arise from anywhere that's in contact with the mod i.e the centre floating pin might be not making contact as well. (I highly doubt the its screw problem though)
but when i tried screwing the wire without wrapping it ard the the screw, the coil moved when i pushed the end bit of the wire. on the other hand, when i pushed the other side of the wire where the perfect screw is didn't move at all.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
I typically don't do contact coil on any TC wires as well, I've read that TI is ok but still it'll be easier to build spaced coil from the start. Hope that helps.
i've done contact Ti1 coil b4. a friend send me sm twisted to try when i 1st bought my mod. it took me 3 failed attempt to do my 1st Ti1 build. i doing Ti1 again becos i just bought a roll of the wire recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread