Problems with dovpo dual topside fully functioning with profile ps rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
And wotofo should've added a note that you'd need a certain high power setup to be able to use the nexmesh A1s effectively for ......s like me
When you are looking to get a product, you have to do your own research and to watch multiple reviews so you can know if it fits for your use ! Yeah i get it, sometimes it's difficult, and the reviewers sometimes they don't tell anything or the put a simple bulb or the bulb that was in the packege... "and there you go... you are good to go... " !

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@HashiramadYomama

Had you in your first post asked something like......

"hey folks, this is what I have and this is what I would like to do, is it possible, am I missing something, what should I be using, am I doing something wrong"

......the reception you received would have been starkly different.

Instead, you came on like a Mack truck, pedal to the metal, full speed, and "fully declared" - - - I have the best batteries - - - I have the best coil - - - This Is the Best - - - This is what I am going to do - - - You guys are rippin' on me and I don't - - - "understand" - - - why.

That ^^^^^^^^^ is a recipe for Disaster.

"Tart Words make no Friends: spoonful of honey will catch more flies than Gallon of Vinegar."
--written by Benjamin Franklin in his 1744 publication Poor Richard's Almanack.

FWIW, we "tried" helping you...... You fully resisted any help and dug your heels in.

Do not be offended as I am merely stating the truth - - - your vaping knowledge is lacking.
You made that CrYsTaL clear on Monday and again on Tuesday.

How come no one just suggested I get those batteries?
You were told on Day 1 that the batteries you were using were under-powered. In your replies you went on to try and "justify" their use.

Why didn't you ask - - - "are there better batteries I should be using" - - - ???

And wotofo should've added a note that you'd need a certain high power setup to be able to use the nexmesh A1s effectively for ......s like me
Don't "blame" Wotofo for your failing to do proper research and your own lack of knowledge.

As vapers, it IS the responsibility of each individual to learn all that is required for their vaping needs.

You want to blame someone? Look in the Mirror.

The dovpo is letting me go to the watts it feels is safe,
There is no such thing as - - - "it feels safe" - - - in vaping. Thinking there is, is a mere Illusion created by yourself in an attempt to further justify the unjustifiable.

In vaping there is - - - "is it safe" or "is it not safe".
There is no "it feels safe" and there are no in-betweens.

With vaping...... Knowledge Is Power. <------ That is an undeniable Fact.

Lack of knowledge is Ignorance...... and can be very Dangerous!!!

There are many threads on ECF, and blogs, explaining, In Great Detail, all about batteries, coils, wire types and Ohm's Law. All written by very Intelligent people - - - who know their sh*t (inside/out).

The ECF Advanced Search function ---> is your Friend. You might consider using it.

I'll help you. Start with Mooch's Blog entries. In case you do not know... Mooch is the battery Expert.

Then read Baditude's Blog entries.

Do not be offended by my post, nothing I've written is meant to be offensive nor is it a personal attack on you.

Good luck!!!

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
@HashiramadYomama

"hey folks, this is what I have and this is what I would like to do, is it possible, am I missing something, what should I be using, am I doing something wrong"

Instead, you came on like a Mack truck, pedal to the metal, full speed, and "fully declared" - - - I have the best batteries - - - I have the best coil - - - This Is the Best - - - This is what I am going to do - - - You guys are rippin' on me and I don't - - - "understand" - - - why.

"Tart Words make no Friends: spoonful of honey will catch more flies than Gallon of Vinegar."

FWIW, we "tried" helping you...... You fully resisted any help and dug your heels in.

Do not be offended as I am merely stating the truth - - - your vaping knowledge is lacking.

You were told on Day 1 that the batteries you were using were under-powered. In your replies you went on to try and "justify" their use.

Why didn't you ask - - - "are there better batteries I should be using" - - - ???

Don't "blame" Wotofo for your failing to do proper research and your own lack of knowledge.

As vapers, it IS the responsibility of each individual to learn all that is required for their vaping needs.

There is no such thing as - - - "it feels safe" - - - in vaping. Thinking there is, is a mere Illusion created by yourself in an attempt to further justify the unjustifiable.

There are many threads on ECF, and blogs, explaining, In Great Detail, all about batteries, coils, wire types and Ohm's Law. All written by very Intelligent people - - - who know their sh*t (inside/out).

The ECF Advanced Search function ---> is your Friend. You might consider using it.

I'll help you. Start with Mooch's Blog entries. In case you do not know... Mooch is the battery Expert.

Do not be offended by my post, nothing I've written is meant to be offensive nor is it a personal attack on you.

Good luck!!!
I never said I have the best setup I just said that I haven't found any other rda that gives off the amount of flavor this one does.and I did use the word best for flavor, I guess I should've used the word "more"

And it was to my understanding until recently because it's what everyone told me, is that I didn't have to have knowledge of ohms law since I wasn't running a mech mod and that I just needed to store them in safe temperatures and that was all. So because I believed everyone saying that I made myself look like an ... on the internet. Rip.

So the battery upgrade is coming in the mail a couple days from now. The max amps my dovpo dual top is rated for is 40 amp but each battery is rated for 35 amps so I can go 70 according to the batteries. My desired setting draws 43 ish amps so is my mod going to get pissy when I try to run it? I guess not since it claimed to be drawing 43 amps from my vtc6s.(not sure if the reading was accurate since each battery can only go 20 amps) so my question is will the mod just cut it off at 40 amps or is it more of a close estimate because I'm not sure how the chipsets work exactly

Since I was under the impression I didn't need to know ohms law for regulated mod usage, I felt wotofo could've said something.

But having the internet under my fingertips with ohms law calculators and the knowledge of it still being important with regulated mods now I realize what I should've from the beginning.

I'm not experienced with talking on forums so cut me some slack just a wee bit for my text language and how I may come across

Reactions: TARTARA

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
@HashiramadYomama

Good luck

@HashiramadYomama

Good luck!!

I never said I have the best setup I just said that I haven't found any other rda that gives off the amount of flavor this one does.and I did use the word best for flavor, I guess I should've used the word "more"

And it was to my understanding until recently because it's what everyone told me, is that I didn't have to have knowledge of ohms law since I wasn't running a mech mod and that I just needed to store them in safe temperatures and that was all. So because I believed everyone saying that I made myself look like an ... on the internet. Rip.

So the battery upgrade is coming in the mail a couple days from now. The max amps my dovpo dual top is rated for is 40 amp but each battery is rated for 35 amps so I can go 70 according to the batteries. My desired setting draws 43 ish amps so is my mod going to get pissy when I try to run it? I guess not since it claimed to be drawing 43 amps from my vtc6s.(not sure if the reading was accurate since each battery can only go 20 amps) so my question is will the mod just cut it off at 40 amps or is it more of a close estimate because I'm not sure how the chipsets work exactly

Since I was under the impression I didn't need to know ohms law for regulated mod usage, I felt wotofo could've said something.

But having the internet under my fingertips with ohms law calculators and the knowledge of it still being important with regulated mods now I realize what I should've from the beginning.

I'm not experienced with talking on forums so cut me some slack just a wee bit for my text language and how I may come across
I do understand more doesn't always mean better. But I recommend you guys try the profile ps out if you haven't yet. If the nexmesh A1 strips are too much I recommend the nexmesh ss316 and the classic strips

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
No worries man, it's all good, we aren't judge anyone, we aren't experts or anything in between, we simply trying to help around by our own mistakes... !

My simple question is...
Why you should have this kind of extreme setup and to put all this pressure on your devices - gear... especially when we all know that is a simple circuit with some cables, connections and chips... !?

I have some quite good mods single, dual and a mechanical but i never made so low builds and push my gear to the upper limits... ! My MTLs somewhere to 17.5W max, my RDAs somewhere to 30W max, and im full comple... and good to go... ! Just opinion and my thoughts... !

Reactions: Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    You don't need to know Ohm's Law if you are using a regulated mod with normal wattage needs - something like 80 or less watts. What you are attempting to do does require some understanding of mod cuttoffs and battery specs because you are looking for extreme performance.

First off, you should really be looking at these (18650 pt.1, 18650 pt.2, and various other battery sizes) compiled charts made by Mooch which shows tested and actual battery performance specs. OEM battery companies are usually pretty decent about stating somewhat legitimate specs, and these brands include: Molicel, Sony/Murata, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, Samsung, Lishen, & Bak. There are other OEM brands, but it's very unlikely that you'll see them.

Sony VTC6's are great batteries, but only for specific uses. High wattage mod use is not one of them.

"But this is not a high performance “power” cell, designed for high current. It is a high capacity “energy” cell designed for low to moderate power levels and long running time. At higher current levels the voltage sag and power loss in the cell are huge. Do not exceed 20A." -Mooch

Here's a link to the tested performance of the VTC6's and they're rated with a CDR (continuous discharge rating) of 15A. It can be used up to 20A until the battery reaches 80℃, and then you must allow the battery to cool off before continuing to use it. Choosing to continue to use the battery when this temperature is reached puts you in danger of thermal runaway which is an explosive chemical reaction that the battery cannot contain. This has caused facial deformations and loss of fingers, and was likely a result of those individuals who were also told they didn't need to know Ohm's Law to vape. I want to add that with this type of use, you are excessively stressing the battery and this will shorten the cycle life by quite a bit even if it/they never explode.

but each battery is rated for 35 amps so I can go 70 according to the batteries
    There is no such thing as an 18650 that has a CDR of 35A. 30A is as high as I've seen them, and those are with Samsung 20S's and LG HB6's at a great loss of battery capacity (2000mAh and 1500mAh respectively).

If your desired amp draw is 43 and the mod's cuttoff is 40A, yes it's going to get pissy.
    (not sure if the reading was accurate since each battery can only go 20 amps)
    This is incorrect. You can draw however many amps you want from the battery (to a point) but you're going to experience an extreme amount of battery sag (lag) and your batteries are going to get very hot very quickly which is why the CDR exists.
    so my question is will the mod just cut it off at 40 amps or is it more of a close estimate because I'm not sure how the chipsets work exactly
    It's likely a close estimate w/in an amp or so.
    I can bet Wotofo didn't tell you this. Neither did any of the OEM battery brands.
    The lashback you're receiving in this thread isn't exactly your lack of knowledge on the matter, it's how you're coming across with your misinformation.

The question I have for you is why do you have to vape at 43A? I've been DL vaping for over 8 years now, and have only ever needed to vape at 70W max for every day usage; usually it's 45-60W. I get tons of flavor and the cloud production is great. Sure, I've tested a triple coil series RDA that was hungry for over 11V, but that was merely for testing purposes for a review.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm sensing an infatuation with flexing your insane wattage. For what, TikTok? You're not going to find much support on ECF for that, as we generally support those who are here because they "need" a solution and don't necessarily "want" it for flexing purposes. I'm sure there are plenty of Facebook groups echo chambering what it is you seek.

I'm not trying to chase you off, but we encourage the passing of valid information and safe practices. If you wish to continue down the path you're on, good luck.

Last edited:

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    No worries man, it's all good, we aren't judge anyone, we aren't experts or anything in between, we simply trying to help around by our own mistakes... !

My simple question is...
    Why you should have this kind of extreme setup and to put all this pressure on your devices - gear... especially when we all know that is a simple circuit with some cables, connections and chips... !?

I have some quite good mods single, dual and a mechanical but i never made so low builds and push my gear to the upper limits... ! My MTLs somewhere to 17.5W max, my RDAs somewhere to 30W max, and im full comple... and good to go... ! Just opinion and my thoughts... !
    I'm a flavor chaser, when the profile 1 came out it was the best setup at the time for flavor chasers then the nexmesh came out for it the then 1.5 came out and then the ps, so when I heard o could do two strips at once my jaw dropped and I ordered it right away. The flavor is just so intense. Right now I have the claptons in there trying them out for the first time and those read out at .1. I have the wotofo stng mtl rda and I run the claptons in it at .7 ohm 20 wats. That it came with. But I want to get 30 guage wire and do a parallel strand I believe 7 wraps gets you .9 ohm not sure exactly but want to do that or some close variation and try it out in my stng.

But I think with the nexmesh A1 parallel mode in the profile ps I've reached the point to where if I go any further with the flavor, it'll be just too much. Might as well just drink the juice from the bottle at that point. So sometimes I like to use the ss316 ones because it's a super cool more mellow but still full body vapor.

With a trip battery or quad battery mod or a dual 21700 mod with high quality batteries you won't be pushing the batteries hard at 43 amps. But then again who wants to carry around one of those clunkers(however the L200 classic isn't too bad)

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    You don't need to know Ohm's Law if you are using a regulated mod with normal wattage needs - something like 80 or less watts. What you are attempting to do does require some understanding of mod cuttoffs and battery specs because you are looking for extreme performance.

First off, you should really be looking at these (18650 pt.1, 18650 pt.2, and various other battery sizes) compiled charts made by Mooch which shows tested and actual battery performance specs. OEM battery companies are usually pretty decent about stating somewhat legitimate specs, and these brands include: Molicel, Sony/Murata, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, Samsung, Lishen, & Bak. There are other OEM brands, but it's very unlikely that you'll see them.

Sony VTC6's are great batteries, but only for specific uses. High wattage mod use is not one of them.

"But this is not a high performance “power” cell, designed for high current. It is a high capacity “energy” cell designed for low to moderate power levels and long running time. At higher current levels the voltage sag and power loss in the cell are huge. Do not exceed 20A." -Mooch

Here's a link to the tested performance of the VTC6's and they're rated with a CDR (continuous discharge rating) of 15A. It can be used up to 20A until the battery reaches 80℃, and then you must allow the battery to cool off before continuing to use it. Choosing to continue to use the battery when this temperature is reached puts you in danger of thermal runaway which is an explosive chemical reaction that the battery cannot contain. This has caused facial deformations and loss of fingers, and was likely a result of those individuals who were also told they didn't need to know Ohm's Law to vape. I want to add that with this type of use, you are excessively stressing the battery and this will shorten the cycle life by quite a bit even if it/they never explode.

There is no such thing as an 18650 that has a CDR of 35A. 30A is as high as I've seen them, and those are with Samsung 20S's and LG HB6's at a great loss of battery capacity (2000mAh and 1500mAh respectively).

If your desired amp draw is 43 and the mod's cuttoff is 40A, yes it's going to get pissy.

This is incorrect. You can draw however many amps you want from the battery (to a point) but you're going to experience an extreme amount of battery sag (lag) and your batteries are going to get very hot very quickly which is why the CDR exists.

It's likely a close estimate w/in an amp or so.

I can bet Wotofo didn't tell you this. Neither did any of the OEM battery brands.

The lashback you're receiving in this thread isn't exactly your lack of knowledge on the matter, it's how you're coming across with your misinformation.

The question I have for you is why do you have to vape at 43A? I've been DL vaping for over 8 years now, and have only ever needed to vape at 70W max for every day usage; usually it's 45-60W. I get tons of flavor and the cloud production is great. Sure, I've tested a triple coil series RDA that was hungry for over 11V, but that was merely for testing purposes for a review.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm sensing an infatuation with flexing your insane wattage. For what, TikTok? You're not going to find much support on ECF for that, as we generally support those who are here because they "need" a solution and don't necessarily "want" it for flexing purposes. I'm sure there are plenty of Facebook groups echo chambering what it is you seek.

I'm not trying to chase you off, but we encourage the passing of valid information and safe practices. If you wish to continue down the path you're on, good luck.
    And on response to this, 43 amps with the a1 strips in parallel mode just happens to be my preferred setting for those, I also love the ss316 and now the claptons which vape at a much lower amps.

And I hate to admit it but I was also chasing
    Ok, thanks man appreciate it !
    After trying the claptons, they might be my favorite. But the cotton is a Beetch to get in it because with the profile you want about 2/3 to 75 percent of a cotton bacon strip(I don't use cotton bacon because there are softer cotton brands that I think work better like "Cotn" brand.

And when you try to pull it through it just bends the claptons so I had to do something I haven't had to do and twist it up really tight and slight it in while it's twisted while pulling down on the spring loaded white plate. You want it very tight but not as tight as heavingly possible either.

With the nexmesha1 strips I finally reached my limit with flavor chasing. (The clouds were fun too) the picture doesn't do it justice but it won't let me upload a video.

I'm sure you know how to wick it's just a tad different on the profile. That beech needs to be Tight l, like virgin co Ed tight.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    And on response to this, 43 amps with the a1 strips in parallel mode just happens to be my preferred setting for those, I also love the ss316 and now the claptons which vape at a much lower amps.

And I hate to admit it but I was also chasing

After trying the claptons, they might be my favorite. But the cotton is a Beetch to get in it because with the profile you want about 2/3 to 75 percent of a cotton bacon strip(I don't use cotton bacon because there are softer cotton brands that I think work better like "Cotn" brand.

And when you try to pull it through it just bends the claptons so I had to do something I haven't had to do and twist it up really tight and slight it in while it's twisted while pulling down on the spring loaded white plate. You want it very tight but not as tight as heavingly possible either.

With the nexmesha1 strips I finally reached my limit with flavor chasing. (The clouds were fun too) the picture doesn't do it justice but it won't let me upload a video.

I'm sure you know how to wick it's just a tad different on the profile. That beech needs to be Tight l, like virgin co Ed tight.
    And I like how it reads from .09 to .1 so the battery stress isn't borderline too much anymore.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    And I like how it reads from .09 to .1 so the battery stress isn't borderline too much anymore.
    And part of the reason I came off how I did the other day I that I have nobody to talk to and show my build to because Im new to the vape community on the internet, not necessarily new to vaping. (The al85 baby beast was my first mod) was new at the time.

I want to try out the kit where you wrap your own pnp coil with the profile 1.5 extreme strip so basically it's a voppoo drag with a profile 1.5 coil. Called the smrt kit. Sold on wotofo. Kind of like an rta in a sense but far more unique but generic at the same time since it's on a drag which a lot of people have.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023

My simple question is...

Couldn't do a good mtl build parallel strands 28 g nic80 , might be able to be done with 30 guage still a maybe. But I did what I think to be 2.5 or 3mm not sure. 10 wraps I think, just went by size. Ended up at 1.15 ohms. Very nice with some 12mg juice.
    Best 18 dollars I ever spent, could've got a fancier one for 25 or 30 but I have some loyalty for wotofo and I'm a cheapskate. So it's perfect

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    Couldn't do a good mtl build parallel strands 28 g nic80 , might be able to be done with 30 guage still a maybe. But I did what I think to be 2.5 or 3mm not sure. 10 wraps I think, just went by size. Ended up at 1.15 ohms. Very nice with some 12mg juice.
    Best 18 dollars I ever spent, could've got a fancier one for 25 or 30 but I have some loyalty for wotofo and I'm a cheapskate. So it's perfect
    And at 14 watts. Wow. Can't believe this thing uses less power than one of those tiny refillable salt nic stick pod devices

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread