Problems with mod?(or batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
So my mod isn't hitting as hard or getting as much smoke as it used to do you guys think it's the batteries or something else? I really havnt had the batteries for very long, since maybie last December, and oh I have the Segelei 100w plus, I have always been using the same Cotten and same volts(60) and same ohms, and I have 2 Samsung batteries so I'm not sure any help would be awesome thanks!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
So my mod isn't hitting as hard or getting as much smoke as it used to do you guys think it's the batteries or something else? I really havnt had the batteries for very long, since maybie last December, and oh I have the Segelei 100w plus, I have always been using the same Cotten and same volts(60) and same ohms, and I have 2 Samsung batteries so I'm not sure any help would be awesome thanks!

First thing I would do would be to clean the contacts in the battery compartment. Both positive and negative contacts.

I am assuming you bought the batteries as a pair and have kept them together, discharging and recharging as a pair as well right?

Are your batteries discharging at the same rate - when you remove them from the mod, do they read the same voltage?

If they are the Samsung 25R batteries, and they are genuine, I would suggest they should last more than a couple of months - unless you have put more than 300 charge cycles through them. I have a few sets of these same batteries since last September, and have had no degradation in performance at all. So based on that, I would suggest something else is going on here.

Oh and yeah, vapor not smoke :vapor:

Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
Vapor yes sorry haha and what would I clean them with? I clean my pin with a q tip and that's it but I don't really know what to clean them with, also I do charge them a lot because I hate waiting for batteries to charge so I end up charging them at least 2ce or 3 times a day and one of them is about a volt off and because money issues I could only get one and I allready had one so I was like okay cool so they are not married

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Vapor yes sorry haha and what would I clean them with? I clean my pin with a q tip and that's it but I don't really know what to clean them with, also I do charge them a lot because I hate waiting for batteries to charge so I end up charging them at least 2ce or 3 times a day and one of them is about a volt off and because money issues I could only get one and I allready had one so I was like okay cool so they are not married

A little rubbing alcohol will be fine. If you don't have it, any type of alcohol - even vodka on the end of a q-tip will work.

But, I think the main issue here is the 'volt off' comment. If one battery is discharging faster than the other, you have an unsafe condition and should really stop using using them immediately.

You should replace both batteries with a married pair as soon as possible.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I do charge them a lot because I hate waiting for batteries to charge so I end up charging them at least 2ce or 3 times a day and one of them is about a volt off and because money issues I could only get one and I allready had one so I was like okay cool so they are not married

If one battery is one volt lower than the other either when they are both charged, or when you take them out of the mod, stop using them together. The one that is lower is being stressed a lot more than the other one and it could vent. That can become dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread