Problems with SX Mini M after the upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
Why would you make a separate thread for this?

that is a good point!

to OP, this could have gone in the large SX mini thread! Hopefully a mod will move and close.

Sorry, did not realize I am violating rules here. Apologies.

first thing is to put a sensible, spaced build on a good RDA and try that! I have had all sorts of problems with the kanger coils with no update!

before the update they were very good

I was using it at 200C (392 F), 25J, Powerful, had a cool, chilling vape with lots of tasty clouds

Now going low will not fire and going anything higher burns the coil

any advice?

Btw flashing the original firmware did not help

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Sorry, did not realize I am violating rules here. Apologies.

No apologies necessary at all my friend. As retird said, you can post a new thread if you want. If the mods think its untidy, they will move it. No problemo!! Hope you get it fixed!!

Reactions: TheVaper

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Any thought on why reflashing the original firmware did not fix it?

Would seem to suggest it might not be the mod but rather your coils or tank. Try a rebuildable with nickel and see if that works properly. Kanger OCC coils are notorious for having issues, and even if it was working before it could be loose and have gotten jostled causing a short.

-Treeburner

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Would seem to suggest it might not be the mod but rather your coils or tank. Try a rebuildable with nickel and see if that works properly. Kanger OCC coils are notorious for having issues, and even if it was working before it could be loose and have gotten jostled causing a short.

-Treeburner
there is an echo!! Lol!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
replaced them, nothing much changed

same coil same tank on my other mod which has TC as well works fine.

I hate to say this but you might have to send it back for diagnosis and repair. Really sounds like the board is fried somehow :( With this behaviour there is a real chance of getting some serious dry hitting or even burning of the insulator on the kangers. I have done that once and really dont want to experience it again!

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
You might consider taking it into a reputable shop.

And I'll Echo what's been stated a couple times already as well. Put a solid connected ni200 coil in. Remove the OCC coils and don't try to use them while your doing problem determination. They're held together with a rubber grommet. "not ideal for low resistance coil connectivity"

Seems you've had problems with syncing the resistance after the update, connecting to your pc both before and after doing update's or roll backs. You reported the gravity sensor wasn't working in the other thread but no mention of it here?? And now your burning through the coils. From my experience with working with Yihi they work with you for awhile then ask for pictures, videos etc.. for problem identification and verification. Have you provided them with this? And can you post that here?

I looked at most of your posts in the other thread but if you've reverted back to ver 1.4 and your still having problems I'd be doubtful it's a device problem if it was working fine initially. I think you'd be ahead taking it into a shop for assistance. It might save you from shipping it off and end up having them say nothing wrong with this and send it back to you.

Not saying your device isn't bad either. But a knowledgeable shop could help you out and possibly save you shipping and waiting time.

Last edited:

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
You might consider taking it into a reputable shop.

And I'll Echo what's been stated a couple times already as well. Put a solid connected ni200 coil in. Remove the OCC coils and don't try to use them while your doing problem determination. They're held together with a rubber grommet. "not ideal for low resistance coil connectivity"

Seems you've had problems with syncing the resistance after the update, connecting to your pc both before and after doing update's or roll backs. You reported the gravity sensor wasn't working in the other thread but no mention of it here?? And now your burning through the coils. From my experience with working with Yihi they work with you for awhile then ask for pictures, videos etc.. for problem identification and verification. Have you provided them with this? And can you post that here?

I looked at most of your posts in the other thread but if you've reverted back to ver 1.4 and your still having problems I'd be doubtful it's a device problem if it was working fine initially. I think you'd be ahead taking it into a shop for assistance. It might save you from shipping it off and end up having them say nothing wrong with this and send it back to you.

Not saying your device isn't bad either. But a knowledgeable shop could help you out and possibly save you shipping and waiting time.

Are you Syncing the resistance every time you've done the update or roll back of firmware? And are you Syncing the resistance at every coil replacement?

Hi Vlad1

OK I will try but I am a newbie (never rolled a coil myself, although I purchased all that I need to do it already

Gravity sensor is still not working

I don't have shops where I live, vaping is not legal here, and we get our stuff shipped over from other countries :(

I did work with YiHi, they asked for a video, I sent one on a skype video message (can't save it to upload it here, but can make another video)

If by syncing resistance you mean pushing both up and down buttons, yes I do every time I change a coil

Moreover, now I have a strange issue, whenever I change the battery, everything resets (it resets to power mode 5.00W !) ..... Any ideas what that could mean?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Hi Vlad1

OK I will try but I am a newbie (never rolled a coil myself, although I purchased all that I need to do it already

Gravity sensor is still not working

I don't have shops where I live, vaping is not legal here, and we get our stuff shipped over from other countries :(

I did work with YiHi, they asked for a video, I sent one on a skype video message (can't save it to upload it here, but can make another video)

If by syncing resistance you mean pushing both up and down buttons, yes I do every time I change a coil

Moreover, now I have a strange issue, whenever I change the battery, everything resets (it resets to power mode 5.00W !) ..... Any ideas what that could mean?

Honestly with all of the different problems you're having I'm not sure you will be able to resolve them via online forum or through email correspondence. Partly why I suggested going into a shop. Yihi states "SXmini is designed specially for professional and high level vapers." so this may not be the device for you since you consider yourself a "newbie".

But if you cant go into a shop for assistance and you've worked through this with Yihi to no avail, I know Yihi would have arranged for replacement with your vendor so I'd suggest going ahead and taking advantage of that.

Just to consolidate your problems for clarity:
Defaults to 5 watt on battery change
Cant connect to Windows PC
Burning through coils
Gravity sensor not functioning

You may want to include these faults and any others I've missed in a note to your vendor.

Wish I could have helped more.

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
Honestly with all of the different problems you're having I'm not sure you will be able to resolve them via online forum or through email correspondence. Partly why I suggested going into a shop. Yihi states "SXmini is designed specially for professional and high level vapers." so this may not be the device for you since you consider yourself a "newbie".

But if you cant go into a shop for assistance and you've worked through this with Yihi to no avail, I know Yihi would have arranged for replacement with your vendor so I'd suggest going ahead and taking advantage of that.

Just to consolidate your problems for clarity:
Defaults to 5 watt on battery change
Cant connect to Windows PC
Burning through coils
Gravity sensor not functioning

You may want to include these faults and any others I've missed in a note to your vendor.

Wish I could have helped more.

Connection to PC resolved by removing the battery. Sometimes it connects without removing the battery. Otherwise all the other issues stand

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
I guess the intent is just put a note in with whatever problems your having at that time to help your vendor identify those issues. I don't know if the vendor tests the devices or just exchanges them out and ships another. So a note would help them if they're testing them out when they receive them.

Will do ..... I will contact them on Monday. Urrrrgh ..... getting these devices in the country is so difficult now I have to ship it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread