problems....

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguy

Oct 10, 2013
the cuse
so i ordered from an online vendor, not gonna name names just yet. bought 2 evods,(among other stuff) my gf's works fine, mine the ego threads are fubar. will in no way make contact with batt, and sits crooked. also e-juices i bought are HORRIBLE tasting....like i cant even vape them. had to clean out the gf's evod and put in old juice we had cause the new stuff was that bad. will steeping help? i've read some get better with time, but these are REALLY bad.. dont know what to do VERY frustrated right now. :mad:

Last edited:

cryptic

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
A2, MI
If it's a reputable online store I assume they would replace the Evod. Can't really fault them for it as they're just selling a packaged product and the QC with some of them can be a bit lacking.

As far as the juice goes, was it flavors you haven't tried before? I have a ton of ones that had high praise that I don't like at all. Steeping them does help sometimes.

aguy

Oct 10, 2013
the cuse
yes its a reputable site, so it should be genuine kanger, and its the threads that are bad. wont work on mine or gf's kgo, or my vv v3.gonna return and see what they say. On juice point, i havent tried these before, they were "low priced" they have flavor but a disgusting aftertaste. Guess im gonna go to a b&m store tomorrow and grab some juices and maybe a protank or pt mini. Didnt mean to come on and complain....guess just wanted to vent.

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I'm pretty new & it took me a while to find my go to juice. In the very beginning and all the excitement, I spent too much money on liquids I didn't like and either gave them away or threw em in a dark cabinet. I did get lucky on a couple of em doing that. I read reviews of flavors before I just click and buy, but even then, what's good for one person isn't always the same for another. Plus, for me, when I open a fresh bottle, it's not always great from the beginning. Most of the ones I like take time to hit their flavor. I leave the top off, shake em up about once a day and also each time I refill.

Most of the b&m's around here have terrible juice, goofy employees, etc. I found one place the complete opposite of that and I'm sticking to em. Friendly, good selection, good products, and my fave online place happens to deliver there.

Good luck to you! I KNOW how frustrating that can be.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Didn't mean to make it sound like you're complaining, I didn't take it that way. It is frustrating to get new equipment and then it doesn't work. Worse than waiting for vape mail. Yeah, steep the juices and see if that aftertaste goes away in a few weeks. It might. And just because it's low priced doesn't mean it can't be good juice. One of my ADV is a low priced one. It might take a while to find the right ratio and flavors. Does your local B&M let you try juices before purchasing?

yes its a reputable site, so it should be genuine kanger, and its the threads that are bad. wont work on mine or gf's kgo, or my vv v3.gonna return and see what they say. On juice point, i havent tried these before, they were "low priced" they have flavor but a disgusting aftertaste. Guess im gonna go to a b&m store tomorrow and grab some juices and maybe a protank or pt mini. Didnt mean to come on and complain....guess just wanted to vent.

aguy

Oct 10, 2013
the cuse
Didn't mean to make it sound like you're complaining, I didn't take it that way. It is frustrating to get new equipment and then it doesn't work. Worse than waiting for vape mail. Yeah, steep the juices and see if that aftertaste goes away in a few weeks. It might. And just because it's low priced doesn't mean it can't be good juice. One of my ADV is a low priced one. It might take a while to find the right ratio and flavors. Does your local B&M let you try juices before purchasing?

lol, no just thought it might have come off like that, was just frustrated. juices are in cupboard now to begin steeping. yes, local b&m has free tastes of juice, just not a lot of choices. i may just see how much a mvp 2 and a svd are there and might walk out with one.....better than buyin cigs to me, but i may end up broke. LOL

ps....just wanna say thx everyone for comments/suggestions good or bad, this seems like a very helpful group of folk, and accepting of "newbs" like myself.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I guess I'm pretty lucky, there's 5 vape shops I pass by driving to and from work. There must be at least 10 shops nearby and I'm seeing new ones popping up every week. Not sure if they have juice bars as I know if I walk into one I'm going to buy something.

Vaping is way better than smoking. It can be expensive and frustrating finding the right equipment and flavors. You might spend a bit more but buying things from the b&m makes it convenient to try the equipment before leaving the store.

lol, no just thought it might have come off like that, was just frustrated. juices are in cupboard now to begin steeping. yes, local b&m has free tastes of juice, just not a lot of choices. i may just see how much a mvp 2 and a svd are there and might walk out with one.....better than buyin cigs to me, but i may end up broke. LOL

ps....just wanna say thx everyone for comments/suggestions good or bad, this seems like a very helpful group of folk, and accepting of "newbs" like myself.

ilikedawgs

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
The hardware shouldn't be a problem. As far as juice goes, try to find a shop that has a sampling bar. You can save a ton of dough and really start to figure out what you like. If not, online is hit and miss. So get little samples if you can, read up on what is popular, and make as informed decisions as possible before you break the bank on yuck-juice.

Scent from a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread