Status
Not open for further replies.

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I have 2 shops around me. One has evods and egos, both are bad generics. And he has his own DIY juice for a dollar a ml. He has the prices on a 650 mah ego at I think $25.00. There is a HUGE markup on everything there.
There is another guy that has fair prices, $8.00 for an evod, $3.00 replacement coils. He is really nice and really knows his stuff. I can get anything I want there from an evod to a good rebuildable dripping atomizor. He even has DNA20 chips. It is all fairly priced knowing he has a bunch of overhead.

The local shop near me is a smoke shop, and recently started carrying batteries, tanks, liquid, etc. They had a reputation for things being kind of expensive, but when my tank broke I had nowhere to go, and since I was at school (and it being in close proximity to my campus) I had no other choice. I bought a Vivi Nova mini tank (1.8 ml i believe) and a 650mah battery with a tiny USB charger and it ended up being over $30, and I couldn't believe it, considering when I made my first order (3.5ml vivi nova tank, 1100mah battery, plus some flavors) it was almost the same. As much as I love supporting my local stores, I just try to make sure I can order a surplus of things online so if things do break like they did, I won't have to overpay the shop that already overcharges.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
I paid $80 for an 1100mah ego twist, charge cable, a ts3 and two of my B&M's juices(15 ml) when I started. I try to support him so a couple of weeks ago I went by and bought two 15ml juices and two replacement heads, $35. Only one of his flavors do I really like, but I am looking for a replacement.

I won't be back. Not because I dislike him or feel he is doing anything wrong. But waiting a couple of days on vape mail is worth the savings at this point. And DYI juices is right around the corner for me. I don't think I will ever rebuild my coils, but who knows.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
We have a few vape shops around here and the one that is closest to me I only use in a dire emergency as they are way overpriced on everything, but since they are only about a mile away, the convenience can be a factor when you are out of something.

But we do have a good shop nearby that is run by a military veteran and not only are their prices decent, they give discounts to members of the military and their families, and first responders. They also have a customer loyalty program where after so many purchases you get a free juice. I really like to support them with my business as I spent 20 years as a military wife and so this way I can support both a local business and a military veteran!

I actually work at a local vape shop in Appleton, WI. Everything we pick up is pretty fair priced, almost comparable to even some sites online! Sadly the world of fasttech (slowtech imo) is a detriment to every shop because people get bright eyes over a killer deal. We carry a few clones (specifically on mods, drippers, and RBA's), but some damn good ones, but also carry alot of genuine items, none of our coils or tanks are generic, which is nice, and alot of the juice, the owner actually mixes himself, and has a REALLY killer price on. Gotta love brick and mortar. Alot of people complain about a dollar or two markup, but they don't bother taking the time to look at the aspect of, if you have a problem, you can come to the shop and 90% of the time, resolve said problem. I like the fact that we are able to provide a service for people at a fair price, and if they have problems, advice doesn't cost a dime. I actually work at two brick and mortar shops, the other being a science and hobby shop, so I have been around the entire "support local" idea for a long time now, it's honestly the way to go. Sometimes, online shops simply cannot help you with a problem via text/pm's.
We have another few shops in town as well, there is this otherone that does a complete disservice to our local vaping community by passing off clones as the real deal, it's actually quite sickening. 190$ for an GV m16 clone that I can 99% guarantee that they purchased from fasttech for 20. it's honestly disheartening. sigh.
But honestly, support local guys and gals. There is nothing wrong with dishing out a dollar or two more, because when you really need help, and if it's a good vape lounge, your help is always there.
And don't cheap out on chinese cloned coils that burn out right away... especially if you are just transitioning from cigarettes to vaping. Remember, the vape shops close at night, but the gas station is always open.

VegasVaap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Laguna CA
The stores here (SW FL) sell all the electronics 2-3x expensive as you can get them online. Also they sell the juice at least 15x more than it costs me to make my own, and they're buying ingredients in bulk!

I understand they have to pay their employees, taxes, rental, etc.

Yes, I quickly learned that becoming a mixologist was in my future. But I do want to exactly replicate a particular flavor I get at one of my local shops. But that might not be too easy. Another advantage of mixing your own, you get the exact PG VG ratio you like. I prefer heavy VG juices, which seem to be harder to find in general. Vape on!

nostinkies

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Kayfun Nirvana!
Dont feel too bad. I paid 14bucks for an evod at my local cart in the mall. I used it for 5mins and tossed it in the trash. I cant handle that plastic taste. I dont fault local stores for markup. They have to pay overhead and thats just the way it is. I'm thankful for my local B&M store (not the cart in the mall) They introduced me to an ego battery and a dual coil cart. And it worked. Got me off the stinkies for good and I'm thankful for that. I buy juice from them occasionally. They need to do some reading because I find myself teaching them sometimes and thats goofy. I've only been at this for 2months.

loveyou

Moved On
Dec 10, 2013
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread