Process of elimination to find what's got me itching/ coughing/thrush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I've been vaping 7 months. Multiple tanks, rdta and now RDA. I do prefer rayon over cotton. My juices are 3 and 0mg 70/30 is sweet spot for taste and coils.

Abruptly stopping analogs (36yrs) took my body to places I never wanna go again. I've learned some with much more to come. I should add I'm a sensitive flower *bats eyelashes* and it sucks worst than a really high temp dry burnt hit! Plus I'm A.D.D so some substances have a reverse or rare type reaction with me. Maybe too because I'm a red head that has a premutation to another genetic condition?

I do try things with a "hold your breath" attitude and jump,, I try to study up. Many doctors and some allergy testing in my 20s. They said we know your allergic to something (s),, just don't know what?

This post is about a few things, mainly how to start a process of elimination, thrush and the quality of ingredients.

I can count on both hands how many times I've had a yeast infection, all caused by antibiotics. Breast fed all 4 of my kids and never got thrush. I've started on a 14 day Diflucan regimen after a 3 day didn't work entirely and trying to cut carbs while doing so. My diet usually is more protein/veggies vs carbs. I prefer cleaner eating and drink water, hot tea, flavored green teas, herbal teas and the maybe once a month can of soda. My system leans more acidic, my diet can easily effect a med I'm on.

It could be coincidental this issue came up after a cold from hell. Vaped through it and it seems it would have been a crazy late delay if that were the cause. Next, I also had been steeping a new eliq shipment. One of the five I only let sit for 7 days after letting it breath. It was good, probably would have been great had I let it stew for a month. I pretty much vaped that juice only when this thrush popped up. My tongue was itchy and my ... on fire. I've never experienced anything like it.
I know some flavorings bother me. Another reason I'm more of a clean eater. I love whiskey sours, but what ever is in the sour mix makes me cough and ultimately sore throat next day. Any mixed drink using it, some lemonades, fruit punch type drinks, sour lemon/other candies. I drink alcohol rarely.

Grape drinks kool-aid or sodas can on occasions make me cough too. I wonder if there may be lemon in the mix to boost flavor? Every now and again I have picked up hints of lemon in candied grape eliqs.

I have a few yummy juices I want to buy again and test them to see if the same issues arise. Even pre-steeped well known juices have given me pause due to very painful bumps on face and neck. Tend to clear if I stop that juice.

I don't know if I could Vape staight PG or VG? Then there are different brands. Coconut vs Palm? How long would somebody have to Vape only the one before trying another? My guess is 3 or 4 days?

Then say I figure out what is irritating me, would my only option be to DIY and stick with juices I've already purchased?

I called a company asking their steep time on one particular pre-steeped juice, they also have non steeped, and was told it was proprietary information. Ugh okay,, thanks bubye...

So with that said, how are we as consumers that "might" have sensitivity to one of more ingredients or maybe just the combination of (<-- yes it' a real thing) to know what we are buying?

I'm not asking for a recipe, just ingredient list. Is it palm or coconut VG, dye # fdncabc?

I do know I have more of an external sensitivity to citrus vs internal, especially oranges. But I can eat them all day long.

This post was not intended to call out companies or diss a company. This post is about me trying to figure out how to start a process of elimination so I can Vape without diaper rash and coughing or itching. What if it's the brand of nicotine? Could I just be more sensitive than others to juices off gasing than others?

Winter honey vs. Summer honey,, it all depends...

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Just a guess but if intermittent I don't think PG or VG would be the cause. Also, with the purity of both PG and VG I don't think the source of either would be a factor. I would lean towards flavoring(s) as the culprit but as suggested above using unflavored for a bit may be a good start. Sorry about your situation, good luck and hope you find the issue.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I read your post, things sound complicated. IDK, were you on abx for the cold? Seems to me if you get a bad reaction to abx, you need to be taking probiotics (the strong, more prescription ones) and whatnot. I really am not sure why you think vaping is the cause, but if you do, I'd suggest DIY as well. I'd try either straight VG or PG (and yes, there are different types, but there are also many vendors, so at least some of them should be willing to tell you what it's derived from). I'd add nic to that, even if it's a low amount, to continue vaping. I might try VG first, since it's naturally a bit sweet. If nic and VG works, well then you can add in some PG and see what happens.

I would leave the flavors to the end, just because each and every one of them is going to react differently to your body (so it sounds like). I'd start with small amounts of single flavors until you develop a "set" of flavors that works for you... Buy them in the tiny tester bottles to start with, and try some different manufacturers. Hopefully you will find enough flavors that work for you that you can make some mixes you enjoy.

Honestly, I would try something a week at a time, in case bad reactions "carry over" from your last experiment it should give everything time to "die down" as it were.

Best of luck, and is it possible some of your doctors could be of help in this? It sounds like an extreme reaction that may or may not be related to vaping, but the process of elimination is going to be what helps you find out, but perhaps a doctor might offer a different approach.

I am PG sensitive and cannot tolerate much of it in my vape. I also can't vape vanillas something in my body reacts to them. I was easily able to find out what was causing my problems vaping, but I have a doctor who vapes, and he identified PG as a possible culprit for me. It was helpful.

Above all, I guess, listen to your body! If vaping just won't work for you, you can Try Nicotine salt pouches, Swedish snus, American snus, etc. You do have other options than vaping. I honestly might try those FIRST for at couple of weeks and see if you find satisfaction as well as giving your body a "cooling off" period for vaping.

Also some of this may be due to the quitting process, there is always that.

Best of luck, I hope you arrive at a solution that works for you.

Anna

Reactions: Blazr

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I took some mucinex dm a few nights. I don't take OTC meds often, because I get reverse reactions because of my A.D.D. example... Vistaril gave me tachycardia, raised BP and super anxiety. Worked okay for allergies though. Even my Endocrinologist stated she couldn't recommend "natural" herbs or supplements after menopause test. A short stint on pain meds sent me into adrenal fatigue and they tested me for Addisons. I know my body,, even when Dr's dont,, they don' like being wrong lol.

I'm making mental notes of what various juices do to me. Most is tolerable, but noticeable. I find that the juices I like the most bother me beit 70/30 or 80/20. I figure flavorings are most likely the simple answer, but I wonder about sweeteners?

The thrush may have been some crazy random thing IDK, but I've got red around my eyelids and they itch too = allergy. I may have several sensitivities of varying degree with vaping. I'm not going to stop, just wanted to hear possible things to look at or consider.

Some symptoms,,
Sour Power ~ One Up makes me cough and pee constantly, tried 6,3,0mg
All 3mg nic
Bubble Purp ~ Chubby Bubble Makes me pee constantly.
Chill eliqs give me headaches if I ADV. #pinksodalove
Golden Ticket ~ Super loose bowels and I pee way to much! #bestchocmilk
Lemon Sansation and Mystic red velvet ~ breakouts Loved both juices!

These are tolerable because they are short lived as I change liquids up every day, few days, or wkly. I have 2 to 4 liqs in daily rotation. If I notice an issue I stop vaping the new liquid, wait days then try it again. My body reacts and quiets down pretty quick usually.

Juices I have zero issues with are,, 3 and 0mg
Sauce LA ~ Open Road, Caramel Waffle, Vanilla Bean, 1922, Tropical Blast
Beards #24
Naked 100 Berry Belts
Hit that juice Macadamia
Menthols
Witch doctor
Liquid Nation/Liquid State ~ multiple juices.
Popcycle van/caramel?
Creme De La Creme tobacco and fresca.
Savage Cena
Several local made juices, candied/fruit flavors.
Big F'in Deal Cinn swirl

At first I thought it was 70/30 that only gave me a heavy chest feeling, but now know 80/20 can too.

I need to state that even though some of these juices bother me, I have purchased multiple times and will do so again. As I said, this is about me not the juices,, the ones I listed anyway. There are more, but am tired and can't remember. Still, I see no connection and was vaping a new liquid that shall remain nameless until I order again to test it out,, later...

I do keep lozenges with me all the time. Actually used one this morning during popcorn duty at pre-k.

I just ordered some #24 and blood orange pineapple. Think once it gets here, I'll do #24 in the evenings and menthol during the day for a bit.

• Optimistic

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Have you at least tried the unflavored as suggested by several posters. Vendor made ejuice is loaded with sweetener and have high amounts of flavoring so that people coming off the stinkies can actually taste them. Once the taste buds heal, most people move onto flavoring that isn't so high or have so much sweetener in them. That is where DIY comes in. Its not hard to try your own unflavored ejuice. You can actually buy the mg you use in small bottles from most vendors. That way you just load up a tank and try it. I recommend 50/50 pg/vg as vg is very thick and tends to cause a heaviness in your chest(does me also).
That way you may have something that does not cause all of the problems you are talking about while you experiment with one vendor juice flavor at a time. This can help you narrow down what your body can tolerate.

just my 2 pennies.

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
What would I run 50/50 in? The smallest tank I have is a Nautilus 2 which I use the .7 coil. My other tanks are Baby Beast w/GT4, NRG w/Q2, 25mm Super Tank .5, Cleito 120, Blazer Pro, dual RDA

Have tried multiple coils in NRG with none being great. Could I run a 50/50 on a GT4 coil? I think I did a 60/40 once and it was okay...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
What would I run 50/50 in? The smallest tank I have is a Nautilus 2 which I use the .7 coil. My other tanks are Baby Beast w/GT4, NRG w/Q2, 25mm Super Tank .5, Cleito 120, Blazer Pro, dual RDA

Have tried multiple coils in NRG with none being great. Could I run a 50/50 on a GT4 coil? I think I did a 60/40 once and it was okay...
The Nautilus 2 with the .7 coil should work ok. I also have a Super Tank and have had no problems. Almost all of the ejuice I make is 50/50 and it wicks really well.
I use all kinds of coils and like a .25 ohm for the titanium and a 0.3 /0.5 coil for my subtank mini rba.

Blazr

Aug 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I wanted to update my thread. After another crazy round of mouth itching and out of this world (I can't hardly begin to describe the crazy reaction I had with my bum) allergic reaction to this vape juice. It makes me sad because I have had no issues with 5 other eliqs from same company.

So go back to first episode it was almost a month trying to get whatever gone! It's was at least one 1/2 of sheer hell, I couldn't work. Ended up getting 3 week daily Diflucan pills. I was being treated for thrush. Everything clears up finally. I had also switched back to using only eliqs I knew were ok and I had to suspicions with.

I had ran out of eliq that was in my rotation when the issue started. I recv'd another order of it weeks later. The other evening I decided to give it a go. It was so freaking Yummy! I limited myself to vaping on it for a couple hours before bed. Told myself I couldn't have it for a week. Within 24hrs my mouth got itchy and so did my bum, it took 3 days for the bum itching to disappear. I gave my bottle away to another. Tells me flavoring is the culprit. I soon liked it!!!

Have you ever seen shows where bears come out of hibernation and they use trees to shed off their fur from scratching and rubbing. Ya thats about this itch I had with my bum. I am not joking in the least bit. I just wish I could have chat with owner/mixer to help me figure out which exact ingredient or combo of, that did this. That way in future I could avoid it happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread