PROCOLOR mod SMOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayleigh Baker

Feb 2, 2018
Welcome to the forum. Additional information would be helpful regarding coils. What wattage are you currently using and what resistance are your current coils?
I run my vape at 60.0W I'm not sure what the name of the coils are but they have three and or four circles on the inside.. I'm not good at names..

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The procolor kit comes with a tfv8 big baby tank usually includes .15Ω t8 quad coil & q2 .4Ω dual coil replacable heads.

Dark or colored and especially sweet liquids tend to clog wicking material & gunk coils rapidly which shortens head life.
If you just love / must use an overly sweet liquid you can try using a lower power setting to see if that will extend their life.
Some folks 'clean' the heads by soaking in PGA or hot water blow out excess & allow to dry, IMO not worth the effort but some folks do get satisfactory results.
Or live with the short head life, buy them in bulk from less expensive online dealers. Or learn to use an RBA of some sort where you can change wicking material & clean or replace the coil(s) by wrapping new ones when necessary.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Juice that has gunking factors (sweet, dark, NETs etc) are going to kill a coil faster. I don't know those coils very well, but they should have a recommended resistance range printed on the side of each coil. That can sometimes give you a starting point.

With that said, as others have noted, coil life will shorten regardless of coil with gunking factors, and that seems to be across the board. Some coils MAY handle it better than others, but sometimes not by that much, but if your wattages are TOO high that may contribute. I'd seek out less sweet juices for the moment, and consider either DIY (you control the variables) or if you love that juice, figuring out how to get and set up an RTA so you can rewick easily when needed rather than fighting your "juice against your coils" so to speak.

Best of luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi my name is Kayleigh. I just started vaping in June of 2017 and I have a few questions.. I have a really sweet juice 'sour blue rasberry' and I go through coils like they are nothing. What coil would be best for me to use?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to buy stock in Smok inc., that way you will be investing partly in your own company. The profits they gain from you will be returned in stock dividends. 0.2 ohm Sextuple Coils can get expensive. Seriously, I would look into rebuildable coils, if you can bend a paperclip, chances are you can build a coil.
Might like to read:
Vaping 101: How to use a rebuildable dripping atomizer
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/wrapping-building-coils-101-for-beginners.745045/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Switch to an RTA and learn to build coils. There's a learning curve, but anybody can do it. For a tank, a great place to start is a Serpent SMM. You'll spend 30-40 bucks on a good basic coil building kit and some wick and wire, but after that you can replace a coil for a nickel and a few minutes time. Best of all, once the wick gunks up you can often replace just the wick, with the coil remaining in service.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I just bought the Smok Procolor with the tank and I think I will have to be giving up all of my dark sweet liquids from the past because I CANNOT pay for these coils every few days if I don't. I am kind of sad about it though. I'm too afraid to even try one with my shiny new toy :eek:
You could always just go the rebuildable route....... Only need to change your cotton even with gunkier liquids i usually last 1 week or close enough with mine.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
You could always just go the rebuildable route....... Only need to change your cotton even with gunkier liquids i usually last 1 week or close enough with mine.

I'm at ~3 days on cotton, but that's like 60-80ml.

Coils, with cleaning, last 4-6 weeks. Could probably get more out of them but at that point it's not worth it.

I only vape sweet liquids, and a lot of dark ones.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread