Prodigy V1 Stand Up Dock Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Has anyone thought about this idea?

I have a dock/charger for my blackberry that sits on my night stand. I was vaping late last night, and had my phone in one hand and Prodigy in the other. I went to put my phone in the dock, and put the Prodigy (attempted to) in the dock. Yeah, it didnt fit, but the idea sounds fantastic to me!

I am not technically (electronically) savvy, but does anyone know if this would work?

How convenient would that be to just set down your Prodigy in a dock to get charged. No more unscrewing the bottom, no more worrying about stripping the tube out. I would buy it in a new york second. I would actually try making one, if someone could give me some kind of direction summary.

Just a thought. Any feedback would be much appreciate. Thanks.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
few drawbacks I see.

1. Would have to be specialized li-ion charger
2. Prodigy would have to be longer to accept the charging circuit
3. Prodigy would have to be bigger around for extra wiring
4. Not very smart to charge stacked batteries

Other than those reasons I would say feasible. After all there is 1 e-cig I know that charges while batteries are in it. But it runs on only 1 battery (see #4)

I found the website . .

www.powermat.com

Small problem, but I think our modder friends could figure it out.

It's a mat. You plug it in. You put a "receiver" on the device your charging, place it on the mat and it charges it full, then shuts off.

The only thing is to modify a reciever adaptable to e-cig batteries.

So I issue the challenge to our modders !!!! Make it happen:evil:

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Has anyone thought about this idea?

I have a dock/charger for my blackberry that sits on my night stand. I was vaping late last night, and had my phone in one hand and Prodigy in the other. I went to put my phone in the dock, and put the Prodigy (attempted to) in the dock. Yeah, it didnt fit, but the idea sounds fantastic to me!

I am not technically (electronically) savvy, but does anyone know if this would work?

How convenient would that be to just set down your Prodigy in a dock to get charged. No more unscrewing the bottom, no more worrying about stripping the tube out. I would buy it in a new york second. I would actually try making one, if someone could give me some kind of direction summary.

Just a thought. Any feedback would be much appreciate. Thanks.

if you make one... i will buy one...:)

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
I found the website . .

www.powermat.com

Small problem, but I think our modder friends could figure it out.

It's a mat. You plug it in. You put a "receiver" on the device your charging, place it on the mat and it charges it full, then shuts off.

The only thing is to modify a reciever adaptable to e-cig batteries.

So I issue the challenge to our modders !!!! Make it happen:evil:
yes yes yes.....i have one of those i use it for a lot of my gadgets....(home model) MAKE IT HAPPEN:evil:

Mikie Likes It

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
If you build it... They will come.

I would probably pay up to $200.00 for one, if it could be made.

As I said, I'm not very technically inclined but thank you guys for responding. These are the answers I was looking for.

So, from what I read, it is not a good idea to charge stacked batteries, and there is no way this can be done with the Prodigy V1. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread