Profile rdta connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Posted in wrong spot, repost

New profile rdta, didn't notice until months after bought, so got a replacement for cheap from seller but wonder if the first can be made to work properly.

The profile rdta can work as an rda, so that works fine, the 510 has an extension that connects to the lower 510 that then threads to the mod. This upper 510 can use a Hollow or soild pin, both are included but neither reaches the lower 510 inside the rdta tank section. If I unscrew the upper 510 until it's sloppy loose it'll connect and work but feels all wrong to be left that loose even if it wouldn't leak, I think it would but haven't tried it yet.

So all I can think of is a tiny washer or 2 on the upper 510 so it'll be tight at least, maybe a bit of solder on the top of the lower 510? But neither feels really good and I haven't found a small washer that'll work at home, besides what's the metal of this washer and is it ideal INSIDE this tank for extended use. I'll take all ideas please, funny and stupid preferred but I'll settle for bright too, please and thank you

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi mate,
It appears that it should just twist together, as you stated.
Do you have an authentic Wotofo or a clone?
The positive connection should be isolated from the liquid, so a small SS washer may be a safe option.
9423699511.jpg

Cheers
I

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
@Ericsgreen, I also have the Profile RDTA that I'm using as an RDA for squonking. You didn't happen to leave the RDA adapter screwed on to the bottom of the build deck did you ?
Also when I converted from RDTA to RDA the pin in the build deck was the squonk pin and not solid. Other than that I can not think of anything that would make it not make contact between the build deck and the tank section other than the RDA adapter. Good Luck

Reactions: Izan

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Thanks @Seiggy mine also came with the squonk pin installed and the only rda piece I saw is a solid metal bottom plate that would take the place of the rdta tank section. Yeah it's like the metal pieces just don't make contact, or it's tapped too deeply, or the plastic 'gasket' is too bulky, washer is the only thing I can figure, it's working fine now but just kinda bugs me still. But ......n I was late to this flavor party, one of the best tasting I've ever had, idk how they did it but REALLY glad for the mistake to get a 2nd one at cost

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks @Seiggy mine also came with the squonk pin installed and the only rda piece I saw is a solid metal bottom plate that would take the place of the rdta tank section. Yeah it's like the metal pieces just don't make contact, or it's tapped too deeply, or the plastic 'gasket' is too bulky, washer is the only thing I can figure, it's working fine now but just kinda bugs me still. But ......n I was late to this flavor party, one of the best tasting I've ever had, idk how they did it but REALLY glad for the mistake to get a 2nd one at cost

Must remove the plate when switching to RDTA.
Photo courtesy of @SP013
Design-3.jpg

Cheers
I

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Haha, yeah or it wouldn't work very well as an rdta! It's defective, the inner 510 screws, both solid and squonk , don't reach the lower 510 connection. Or the plastic 'gasket' that would go between the rda plate or rdta tank and the top section is too fat, either way just flawed, never knew I needed to test tanks for my stash like mods...

I got a washer on it, damn great vape, absolutely great with Clapton mesh, it's my new taster tank!

Thnx all!

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Haha, yeah or it wouldn't work very well as an rdta! It's defective, the inner 510 screws, both solid and squonk , don't reach the lower 510 connection. Or the plastic 'gasket' that would go between the rda plate or rdta tank and the top section is too fat, either way just flawed, never knew I needed to test tanks for my stash like mods...

I got a washer on it, damn great vape, absolutely great with Clapton mesh, it's my new taster tank!

Thnx all!
    'Tis a pity, the Profile is my favorite tank thus far, hands down. Though I've only been using it in RDTA config. I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding your issue correctly - the pin from the thread post in your Profile isn't making the necessary connection with your mod? Have you tried it on various other mods? Some of my older mods don't have a spring-loaded 510 plate, so at some point or another I must have screwed in a tank that had a pin that was too long or wasn't screwed in all the way. Because of this, the plate has permanently compressed some in that particular mod which isn't spring-loaded and now only certain tanks have a pin that can reach down far enough to make contact with that mod. Does this sound like the issue you are/were having?

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
    Mar 20, 2021
    Yes is a great tank. No, it wasn't the 510 on mod, if you used it in rda mode you'll see a second male 510 thread inside the rdta that connects to the lower tank section that then connects to the 2nd male 510, there was no connection there. Resolved with stainless washer, and luckily got a 2nd one for the hassle, very happy and cheers to thebestvape

• Love
    Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread