Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Ok, my first ever full cotton "rebuilt"

I normally just do a "tuneup" by replacing the silica flavor wick with a piece of rolled up cotton, finally had a coil go kaput on me after about a month

Tried dry burning just the silica coil wick, burned off alot of goo, rinsed, dry burned again, rinsed...nothing, barely any vapor and not working well, running 2.3Ω

I have 50 of the silica pre-built wicks/wires but decided to go full bore cotton all the way

Took a needle tip dripper
needletipejuicebottle__29462.1345070530.400.400.gi  f

Wrapped 7 wraps of 30ga on it (hindsite should be 9-10) squished the wires together as tight as I could pulled dripper, held in fire on stove till it glowed red and cooled 3x times. put back on the tip, laid the needle in the channel, replaced the rubber and the center pin, trimmed...running at 1.3Ω (my target resistance for all my coils is 2.0Ω [I run kicks or APV's so I don't need low ohms) but my MVP2 will fire just fine...I think that is getting very close to the minimum the MPV2 will fire

Pulled a tiny strip of cotton off a organic cotton ball rolled on end into a fine needle, pushed it thru till I could grab it and then gently tugged thru the coil, got another piece of cotton rolled into a string laid across the top of the coil as flavor wick, put back on chimney, trimmed, assembled (this is where I found out it was running 1.3Ω

waited about 30 seconds for the wick to soak up the juice...I run all my protanks/regular coils/tanks at 6.5watts (my genesis RBA's at 8 watts) and whoah...flavor and vape city! It does crackle if I don't drag on it, but man it's running great

The flavor wick DOES increase the vape/flavor, but full cotton rebuild (which isn't a beginner level tweaking) is amazing!

I highly recommend anyone that is beginner level to replace the silica wick with cotton wick (very very very easy to do) for a "tuneup" of the protank coils, but the cotton full "rebuild" does take a bit more patience and skill.

This video covers the full rebuild [I don't have good camera or I would make a flavor wick only "tuneup" video], if you only want to just replace the flavor wick it's a whole lot easier
<span class="st"><span class="st">

My normal "rebuild" I just throw in the pre-built, then top with cotton flavor wick [I have done this about 10 times already] have never done the full cotton rebuild

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread