Protank 2 tight draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derek washburn

Jan 17, 2014
denver
I dont understand how so many posts I've read ,on this and other forums, people say that the draw on the PT2 is loose or extremely loose. My PT2 was so tight I could barely get any vapor. Then I got out my metal pointed conical dremel bit beast (best description I can do) and drilled all 3 of the super tiny air holes out. Then I bored out the center of the 510 threaded post with a sand stone tubular dremel bit (again best I can do). After these modifications and re-wicking the coil, yeah it had a great draw, actually the best of all my clearos and cartos/ tanks. Maybe I received a defective PT2 but the draw was anything but "airy".

There is more issue im having, it's actually what led me to read up on PT2's and Aero tanks and bases. Im thinking that eventhough I barerly lost any metal while boring the 510 post, I only took of the chrome fininsh inside maybe a bit more, I weakened the post. Today at work, im a commercial plumber, the post broke off inmy front bib pocket. So, i am looking to buy a new base or aero base. Would the aero base be just as loose of a draw as the dilled/ bored PT2? I like a very loose heavy vapor draw. Any suggestions out there.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I couldn't get anything out of my ProTank 2 on my particular APV. First I tried an airflow regulator and that basically did nothing, then I tried a tatroe base and that helped a lot but I still wanted it to be better so then I bought the AeroTank base. It's absolutely perfect now, no modifications needed and I can adjust as I like, more airflow or less depending on how old the coil I'm using is.

derek washburn

Jan 17, 2014
denver
Thank you all, I just ordered an aerotank base and some more coils, and a bit more. Oh my, more to the the collection. I just started DIY liquid and it's much much better than all the store bought liquid I tried. I started out with 120ml of 100 mg/ml nic. , 120ml of vg and pg, and 6 flavor vials. Yesterday i ordered 17 more flavor vials. Gotta love DIY, I bought 500ml of liquid plus flavoring for $35, 500 ml from the vape shop would've been +/- $350. Huge savings. Thanks all you ECF people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread