Protank 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
I heard it holds less than the v1? I like you can use your own drip tip.

From what I've noticed, first day using it, it holds just a tad more than the v1. I got close to 2.8-3ml into it, when in the v1 I could only get about 2.5-2.7. The drip tip feature is most definitely a plus. *note to self - need more drip tips* :)

Got mine this weekend. It's far and beyond better than the V1. Love it. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the supplied drip tip.

I agree. Like I said in the original post.. being able to replace what ever part is damaged or broken is a 110% give in to switching from v1 to v2. The drip tip is very nice, very quality feel to it. Much better than I expected, honestly.

WHAT is better than the P1?
Other than using your own drip tip, and assuming I haven't (knock on wood) shattered tanks - is it a different draw? Differences in the wicking somehow? Just wondering if I need one, as the only complaints I've ever had with my ProTanks involve the wicking...

Well to me, the better qualities of v2 compared to v1 is, more e-liquid can be held, you can use your own drip tip, ALL parts on the v2 are replaceable, and IMO, it has a better 'style' than the v1; EVEN THOUGH the v1 is still a sexy sleek piece of equipment. ;)

My suggestion to all that purchase and like the PT2 -
Purchase any spare parts, when available, that you deem reasonable as backups.

Things seem to come and go quickly in our developing Market.

Yes, I plan on buying a few extra tanks as well as a couple bottoms/tops. Already pre-planned and bought 3 extra 2.5ohm attys. Was more in my budget than getting the spare parts, but they will come soon enough. :)
Just going to have to be careful and not drop this one..breaking my v1 was devastating so breaking this one would probably make me rage. Hehheh.

AlexAlebaster

Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Indiana, USA
I had leaks with my old Protank. Any leaks on the V2?

As of right now I haven't had any leaking. BUT if I do, the same trick for the v1 most likely applies for the v2 - Just flip your mod, or the tank itself upside down about every 1/4-1/3 of a tank that's vaped and unscrew the base to crack the seal and release the pressure inside the tank. Takes a couple seconds and completely alleviates any slight chance of flooding/leaking. Hope that answers your question!

I would think any wicking issues would come along with it from V1 to V2 since that part hasn't changed. I might pick up a couple to try them, but overall I have been pretty happy with the V1s and V1.5? (the new bases, smaller throats and tighter draws) that I have.

Yeah I'm sure the wicking issue still carries over as they are the same style attys *being the 3rd in the Protank lineup* but I typically vape on a pretty thin liquid (33% VG MEL Special Blend) so I didn't actually have to re-wick; I get a constant delicious and cloudy vape right off the bat. :) I would recommend getting the v2 solely because every part is replaceable and the changeable drip tip which is what helped sell it for me.

carey whitley

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Hell Paso TX
ok i just got mine in the mail ( yay! ) i am still in the trial phase. For now i'm not trading in my iclear 30 just yet. I will give it time and be patient. it has a tighter draw than the 1st one and the flavor production was never in question and last but not least someone said it best it is one sexy piece of equipment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread