The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ProVape Provari 3

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Robby Wilson, Nov 7, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Robby Wilson

Robby Wilson Full Member

Sep 21, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Found this in my closet from my previous (and brief) last attempt at quitting smoking. I figured I still had it around somewhere and sure enough I found it. Dramatically underpowered by today's standards, but from reading copious amounts of vape related content of late, it seems these devices are somewhat iconic nowadays. I remember even back then it was very very expensive compared to the competition. I put a battery in it, and it does still work, but when I screwed in my tank it gave me an "output too high" error message.

provari.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I’d think it’s like trying to run too many watts/volts for the ohm rating of your atomizer. By the way many still use their Provari today. They aren’t really underpowered as long as your running 1+ohm atomizers that don’t need to be vaped at 50-100 watts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Agree with madstabber. Many vapers are still using a Provari today. They are affectionately known as Tootle Puffers (defined as a low wattage, higher ohm vaper). They also tend to be MTL (mouth to lung) style vapers.

What was the resistance of the atty that you tried on the Provari? Anything over 1.2 ohm should have made some vapor. You might need to clean the battery contacts (+ and -) in the Provari with cotton-tipped applicator and some rubbing alcohol, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hobbs

Hobbs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2016
    Look on pages 28 & 29 in the P3 owners manual located on that ProVape USB key pictured next to your P3. Reduce volts/watts ... also be sure your boost mode setting isn't too high. Try a different atomizer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, many of us low wattage folks who are new to Provape just love their products. Definitely something you could use with a higher resistance tank, and the vape is still great. Or, if you sell it, I am certain it would be snatched up (here, on Ebay, etc.)

Sometimes it's nice to keep a little history, though. Or, not. :)

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm a proud owner of three Provari's, one Reo Grand, and two Silver Bullets. They no longer fit easily into my current vape preferences, but there is NO WAY I will ever get rid of them.

IMHO, all three models were iconic, classic, gold standards at one point in time in the short history of vaping. Truly history.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Theodore1208

Theodore1208 Full Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Hey,
    I bid well over $100 for your ex spouses old P3 which you claimed you knew nothing about! What would you suggest I do? Found it in cleaning out her closet.....Really ☹️ “I’m selling it as is”

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.