ProVape Provari 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby Wilson

Sep 21, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Found this in my closet from my previous (and brief) last attempt at quitting smoking. I figured I still had it around somewhere and sure enough I found it. Dramatically underpowered by today's standards, but from reading copious amounts of vape related content of late, it seems these devices are somewhat iconic nowadays. I remember even back then it was very very expensive compared to the competition. I put a battery in it, and it does still work, but when I screwed in my tank it gave me an "output too high" error message.

provari.jpeg

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’d think it’s like trying to run too many watts/volts for the ohm rating of your atomizer. By the way many still use their Provari today. They aren’t really underpowered as long as your running 1+ohm atomizers that don’t need to be vaped at 50-100 watts

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Agree with madstabber. Many vapers are still using a Provari today. They are affectionately known as Tootle Puffers (defined as a low wattage, higher ohm vaper). They also tend to be MTL (mouth to lung) style vapers.

What was the resistance of the atty that you tried on the Provari? Anything over 1.2 ohm should have made some vapor. You might need to clean the battery contacts (+ and -) in the Provari with cotton-tipped applicator and some rubbing alcohol, too.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, many of us low wattage folks who are new to Provape just love their products. Definitely something you could use with a higher resistance tank, and the vape is still great. Or, if you sell it, I am certain it would be snatched up (here, on Ebay, etc.)

Sometimes it's nice to keep a little history, though. Or, not. :)

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sometimes it's nice to keep a little history...
I'm a proud owner of three Provari's, one Reo Grand, and two Silver Bullets. They no longer fit easily into my current vape preferences, but there is NO WAY I will ever get rid of them.

IMHO, all three models were iconic, classic, gold standards at one point in time in the short history of vaping. Truly history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread