Provari 18650 How long do your batteries last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
When I purchased my Provari, I purchased the Pila Charger and 2 18650 batteries to go with it.

Best Rechargeable Battery Chargers: Pila Battery Charger & Pila Charger

and I'm so glad that I did. The charger charges the batteries within 30 minutes.

But, It seems as if I'm only getting about 10-12hrs of use before the battery indicator on led starts flashing. Now, once it starts flashing I justpop in a charged battery.

How much longer can you go once you start getting the battery flashing leds?

How Long does YOUR 18650 last between charges?

I'm currently using 2.4 ohm VIVI @ 4.3 and on my IBTanked 3.2 ohm @ 4.7 ish vari's

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
OMG !!!!! LMAO Classic.... Too Funny....... :toast:

And I thought my Lady was funny when I told her something really nice... and she turned to me and said:

"Did you dig that up Treasure Hunting" lol

Much less for me. 4-6 hours. But, as my kids have often told me, I really suck.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
On a typical day, I generally switch out between three IBTanks (with different flavors, of course) that have the 2.5 ohm Ikenvape Platinum cartos. One AW18650 imr will last me all day vaping, from 6:30 in the morning until around 11:30 at night. If I pushed it, I could get 1-2 hours use on the battery once the Provari lets me know of a low battery charge, but I typically will replace it with a fresh one and put the other in the charger.

Now granted, I only vape maybe 4-5 hits on breaks several times a shift while at work. But in the evenings and on weekends I'm a consistantly steady vapor throughout the day. I recently got a Smoktech V.V. Gripper (same AW 18650 imr) for use in the car and when out and about, so that saves some battery on the Provari a little bit. Since the Gripper gets less vape time, I imagine I get two days on that battery.

I have the Pila charger, also. I have nothing to compare it to, but I can tell it is a high quality charger. I was attracted to the reputation and the special charging algorhythms it uses which allegedly will improve the overall life expectancy of my batteries. I got four AW imr 18650 2000 mah batteries when I got my Silver Bullet 9 months ago, and I am using the same ones in the Provari and Gripper in a rotation. All four are lasting as long on a charge as when I first got them.

Last edited:

TH'er

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
In the Ocean
Now If only Ikanvape will restock their Carto's I'll be doing better...

Both of my smok 3.2ohm cartos flood out..... Very frustrating..... so I've been stuck with the VIVI for now.. Until I can findsome Cartos for my tanks..

I feel like a "Crack-Head" using a drip ATTY... hahahah I'm constantely dripping.... wish I could just fill my IBT's....
Then I'd be set

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Baditude: You have steered me on the right path with my purchase's and I thank you for that..

Glad to be able to help. :toast:

I've always been sort of a consumer reports kind of person; I generally research something pretty thoroughly before I invest a decent sum of cash for my major purchases. My vaping equipment I take very seriously. I tried to quit cigarettes several times without success for over 30 years, and with the aid of personal vaporizers and nic-liquid, I finally accomplished that where other methods failed. I'm not about to let anything deter me on this accomplishment.

I have an old school belief that you get what you pay for with quality, well-designed, superiorly engineered, and craftmanship manufacturing. The Provari fits that mold, as does the Pila battery recharger. For the price, IBTanked pyrex tanks can't be beat, either.

I like to "pay it forward" to new and experienced vapors alike. I share what knowlege that I gain with everyone. What recommendations I may have are what work for me.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Now If only Ikanvape will restock their Carto's I'll be doing better...

Both of my smok 3.2ohm cartos flood out..... Very frustrating..... so I've been stuck with the VIVI for now.. Until I can findsome Cartos for my tanks..

I feel like a "Crack-Head" using a drip ATTY... hahahah I'm constantely dripping.... wish I could just fill my IBT's....
Then I'd be set

I've not been fond of atty dripping myself. Not only did I never get the hang of it, I found it to be quite messy and terribly time consuming. SO GLAD that I found that cartotanks work for me.

Concerning the Ikenvape situation, I share your concern. Having waited nearly all summer just to try them, once I got some and loved them, I immediately ordered a large batch. I'm glad I had that foresight, as Ikenvape seems to have trouble keeping their inventory supplied.

You might wish to try some genuine Boge cartos. I had heard that Ikenvape has Boge manufacture his cartos to his specifications. PBusardo even detected a strong similarity between them and his favorite Boges...to the point where he vaped them side by side and then dissected them to see their innards.

A PBusardo Review - 801 Fusion Carto - YouTube

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
The button will start flashing at around 3.5 volts. The provari will quit at around 3.2. So it can still give an hour or two of vape binge from the time it starts blinking till it quits. I personally now turn off the led as the flashing annoys me. I just pop in a fresh battery if I expect to be out the whole day but also bring a fresh spare in case I am out longer than expected.

PS I agree pila is the best. I sometimes forget if the battery am holding is freshly charged or not, I just pop it in the pila, if it still full or almost full, it won't charge. Nice protection imho.

Last edited:

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
i sat my up so the light doesnt flash when the batt (18650) starts getting low. rather i wait until it flashes a couple times and shuts off. my batteries go at least a full 24 hours. i never have any loss of vapor production until the last draw when it shuts off. i've been using these same two batteries for several months now and havent showed any signs of dieing. some 18490s i have didnt last more than a few months before they started getting weak but they still work for a good 6 hours or so. the charge on the 18650s take about 3 or 4 hours to charge. i use to change them out when the light started flashing but how i do it now is much much better. unless i'm missing something i highly recommend you try this. i think you'll be very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread