Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Anyone else using this combination?

I really feel that I've found my perfect combination... at least, until something else comes out!

I tried carto's a while back, and personally hated them. Too much hassle messing with the fill, never knowing how much juice was left in the carto, bad taste often...

So I switched to dripping, which is what I've done for months.

When the clear cartomzers were announced, I happened to come across a Co op for them, and purchased ten of them.

I have to tell you, my experience has been that they work great! I get excellent flavor, it never has leaked and has been pretty hassle free! I use a syringe to fill it in the morning, and it pretty much lasts me all day! My first one lasted about three weeks, then I noticed a small drop of juice on the outside of the bottle, and decided to replace it. I probably could have dealt with taking it apart, cleaning it and it would have continued to work fine, but being I have ten of 'em, I just trashed it and used my 2nd one. That one has now been working for about 10 days, still going strong!

Someone recommended a plastic battery case ($5) which is designed to hold 18650 batteries, and snaps shut. I can use that to carry a spare battery, and one additional filled clear carto, along with my ProVari, and that, along with a full clearomizer on the ProVari and I have enough juice to last me from 6am until past midnight!

Just wondering if any other ProVari owners are using this combo....

DSC03813.JPG

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Yes, Shel, I'm using the exact same combo. I really like it. It was the first device I used when I received my ProVari. It worked flawlessly. I really like being able to see how much juice I have left, although sometimes the juice can look a little funky. Been using one Clearomizer that I've filled a good 10 times with not a problem. I do make sure I keep it clean. I think this is a great combination ... the ProVari and a Clearomizer.
I have also enjoyed using a Joye eGo 510 atty and dripping, but sitting in front of the TV, it's sort of a hassle to "hit the bulls eye" so to speak with the juice.....lol. I've wiped up many a spill trying to keep my eye on the program and add juice to the atty. If I'm not distracted, dripping is great too with the ProVari. I've yet to find anything that I don't like using on the ProVari, but the Clearomizer is my first choice.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
You sometimes wonder if they have VOM's at the factory where the cartos are made. I too have noticed a wide variation between how the box is labeled and how the cartos truly test out. Even accounting for lead resistance the variance can be pretty wide. It's a little frustrating to order 2.4 - 2.6 ohm cartos and find they test out at 2.8 or 2.9 ohms. You can't blame the vendors, they can only advertise what is on the box. Why bother indicating an ohm rating at all? It's like a grab bag.... you never know what you will get.....lol.

Sonnetjie -- do you have a VV on the way? If so, your problems will be over.... you can just set the voltage to "match" your cartos and be off to the races. It sure has made a huge difference for me. I'm now able to use cartos that would not work well because I did not have enough "battery" behind them to make them fire properly.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I love the Clearomizers. Since I use cinnamon, I had trouble with the tubes cracking but that was an easy fix with BD syringe.
I also love co-ops but the last one put together from RS was killed by a supplier from here. Now I'm looking for a place to get them---besides the mentioned. Where are you getting yours?

Last edited:

sonnetjie

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
New Zealand
Sonnetjie -- do you have a VV on the way? If so, your problems will be over.... you can just set the voltage to "match" your cartos and be off to the races. It sure has made a huge difference for me. I'm now able to use cartos that would not work well because I did not have enough "battery" behind them to make them fire properly.

Sure do. Got my provari right next to me. It has made a huge difference in how these cartos perform. The variance does explain why we get so many different comments on how these perform for non variable users. I've had one out of a 2.8 - 3 ohm box measure in at 2.2 ohm.

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
Those with the Provari, can you tell me at what voltage you use the clearomizers, I have read that over 3.7 volts that they don't wick well and sometimes give a burnt taste. I would like to try them but I vape at 4.8 v most of the time and if they taste burnt at that voltage I would be wasting my money.

Would depend substantially on the resistance value of the clearomizer. Watts is a better reference for comparisons.

Laszlo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2011
Australia
cleromizers 2.8-3 ohms at how many volts go wrong?

I'm not sure what do you mean by "go wrong". If you asking whether Provari will shut itself down due to 2.5A current limit - it wont - with 2.8 ohms you'd need to crank voltage to 7V and with 3ohms to 7.5V which you can't set that high on ProVari.

But if you had one with resistance let's say 2.3 ohm, you'll get shut off at 5.75V.

Hope that makes sense (ohm law; voltage = resistance * current)

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'm using the 1.8ml 2.8-3.0 ohm stainless steel fluxomizer from got vapes and just love these things for going out or on the road. My Provari rated them at 3.2ohms and I'm running them at 3.7-4.0 volts depending on the juice...gives a nice flavor and great vapor. They don't come close to the flavor I get from my joye 510 hv debridged atties, but I wasn't expecting that either.

I tried the clear ones first but didn't like how flimsy they were and also the issues people have had with them cracking--plus stainless steel looks great on the provari. You can't see the juice but you know when they are empty by the taste.

Once you get past learning to fill them they work great. Got vapes offers the steel needles which work much better than the plastic ones that come with fluxomizer pack.

Life's more simplified: fluxo's for on the go, and 510hv atties for the house.

cheers,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread