Provari, Atty, and carts? Anybody use 'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
So. Got my pro-vari in. Ordered a drip shield because I've been dripping like crazy, plus 510-510 adapter. Even my ce2's leak (out the bottom, I have to tilt since i've found no other way for these to be worthwhile), so figured it'd be a good idea. Thing is, I am wondering if using a cartridge with an atty could be an option. I tried it when I first got the provari, but I kinda started melting it partially. Stopped immediately, lol. But yeah, I know cartos + tanks are the best option, but does anyone do this?

Also, as for carto+tank... Anyone still use ressurectors? I know they are 1.7ohm, but I mean come on, we have the pro-vari. We can get the best vape regardless of resistance!

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I'm not 100% I understand the question, but yeah - I get a great vape with Boge 3.0 Ohm in J-tanks. The J-tank fits perfectly, no adapter required... ANd people posted nice pics of MAP tanks, ACTV4s and of course the BDV Pro-Cise ones laook SWEET. My Resurrector is dead, so I can't help you there. I'm thinking of not getting more, I don't know...

I don't want to rub it in, but my HH 357 atty doesn't leak to save its life :p

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most here use cartomizers and Boge is very popular. The 306 atty with a drip tip is also very popular and mine don't leak. Once you look at the 306, you'll understand why it is widely used. The 306 is a short atty and the drip tip slides over it. The bridge is exposed, making it very easy to clean. Once you have washed it out in hot water from the tap, it dry burns in a minute or so and is ready to vape again. That makes changing flavors easy.

Depending on the voltage you vape at, Boge cartos are available in 2.0 ohm, 2.5 ohm, 3 ohm, and up.

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
I may have to try a 306 then. And yeah, I will most likely be going back to boges. They were my first cartos, and I've been using one of the 3 ohm ones I thought were worthless on my ego. Works great. Wish I wouldn't have bought three packs of fluxos. If they didn't always work well on and who why would they work at higher voltage?

Pilirock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2011
fullerton,ca
I may have to try a 306 then. And yeah, I will most likely be going back to boges. They were my first cartos, and I've been using one of the 3 ohm ones I thought were worthless on my ego. Works great. Wish I wouldn't have bought three packs of fluxos. If they didn't always work well on and who why would they work at higher voltage?

My experience exactly, need to keep flipping them all the time and even 3.0 fluxos above 4.5V can not be chain vaped. se cond hit taste burnt already. Only good use for me is on dark juices that I don't want ruining the boges.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I still use the 1.7ohm resurrectos. Why? Cause I haven't found anything I like better. They wick great in a tank, are great at 4-4.2v and last as long as I feel they need to. Plus, ordering from ccv, they're $1.33 each (with the code ecf5off) They come in SS and they're easy to punch with a saddle valve.

I've tried boge and they just didn't wick well enough for me, had to fiddle too much to get them to wick, plus until recently they've only come in the shorter size and when not in a tank, topping off gets to be as frequent as dripping.

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
I vape my 2.0 Ohm Boges that I use on my KGOs at 4.4 on the ProVari so 1.7 and 4.0-4.2 must be a win as well! No reason to not use the Resurrector. I'd want to buy more, coz the dead one I really liked. I also kinda want to try double coils, because on my KGO they sucked big time so I never ordered more. Problem is - I just got a boatload of Boges 2.0 and 3.0 on sale from vapelite so I can't justify buying any more cartos just now...

The only one that may be considered silly is atty-cart, but hey.. whatever rocks your vape :)

And the juice counts - some get awesome at higher power (e.g. Gorilla Juice), while one juice (D's All Day form vape-a-licious) actually tastes better at 3.3@2 ohm than on KGO (~3.7) but kinda loses TH... Go figure... Of course, tastes are a matter of taste :)

Last edited:

tsunami987

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
Metro East STL
Yeah, that's why I asked. I didn't really think anyone still used atty/cart with a provari, but I was curious. And yeah, juice does seem to make a big difference. Most of my juice is just fine at higher voltages, and normally more enjoyable, but one that stands out in how terrible it gets at higher voltages is gotvape's caramel apple. It's not great normally, just okay, but get above about 4.5v on a 3 ohm carto and it starts to taste terrible. Not burnt, but a weird broken down flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread