Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I notice from time to time the need to tighten the battery cap. It's probably inevitable the cap will loosen from constant use. It's also inevitable that I'll lose it that one time I'm inattentive.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to prevent the cap from loosening?

Sometimes it might unscrew a bit in my pocket... it hasn't gone all the way.

I make sure it's tight when I cap the unit. It's only happened a couple of times. But it can happen.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
Yes my extension cap loosens all the time. I guess that is what we get for having buttery smooth threads lol.

Yeah. Can't speak for you, but I do everything possible to keep the Provari out of my pocket. (I doubt that the unit will misfire or anything, but I've had bad experiences with other pvs.) I'm continually thrusting it in and out...shut up!...in and out of it's holster, which has a pretty tight grip. In the course of this I'm turning it so the button isn't depressed. I bet I'm loosening the cap with all this thrusting and adjus...will you PLEASE stop giggling...adjusting.

Never mind. I'm tired of talking about it.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Provari and other manufacturers of good devices universally recommend using noalox on the threading of their products. It helps keep the threads in good shape, it should be applied to the threads only, and the excess wiped off. They also recommend you clear it off periodically with 99% isopropyl alcohol and reapply

Reo Grand mods use it also on the firing pin as it helps make a good connection.

There is one exception to the noalox recommendations, Empire Mods. They prefer you use mineral oil on their threads, applied and then the excess wiped off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread